Prologue

Jonathan Morgenstern paced back and forth the grand hall in his fortress, deep thoughts clouding his mind.

He awaited important news off of one of his many allies, and he was eager to get his hands on the new piece of information.

A knock on the double wooden doors caused his pacing to cease, and with the wave of his hand, the grand doors flew open, revealing a seelie with a hint of worry in his green eyes.

"There is someone here to see you, master." The seelie spoke, bowing down before his former king.

"Well, tell them to enter." He sighed, boredom written all over his face. The seelie nodded and scurried out of the room at a quick pace, re-entering minutes later.

But this time, he brought a companion with him. The tall shadowhunter entered by his side, a small smirk playing on his face.

"Alder, at last." Jonathan grinned faintly, clapping his hands together as he walked towards the pair.

"Jonathan, I come baring good news." The man spoke. Jonathan shoed the seelie out of the room with a hard glare, sitting down to hear the man out once the doors had slammed shut once again.

"I'm waiting, Alder." Jonathan spoke, hiding his eagerness and curiosity as best he could.

"You were right, my Lord. There is, in fact, a Herondale baby awaiting." The man spoke, causing the evil grin to return to Jonathan's face.

"When? When is the baby due?" Jonathan questioned, the news sparking curiosity within his dark soul.

"That I'm not too sure of. Our people are staying put in order to find out, but I'd say 6-7 months." The man spoke, watching as Jonathan began pacing once again.

"That gives us time." Jonathan spoke, dark eyes focused on the shadowhunter stood in front of him.

"Time, sir?" Alder questioned, clasping his hands together behind his back as he awaited an answer.

"Yes, Alder, time. Time to plan, time to figure out exactly how I'm going to do this." Jonathan spoke, smirk stretching out across his face in the dim light.

"What is it you want to accomplish, sir?" Alder questioned, confused as to what the man might have in mind.

"I need to take what's mine, Alder. That baby will be born with extreme amounts of power, binding both the Morgenstern and the Herondale bloodline, of course." He spoke.

"What are you trying to say, sir?" Alder continued, raising a curious eyebrow at his leader.

"I want it. I want that baby as soon as it is born, Alder." Jonathan grinned widely, an evil chuckle escaping his thin lips.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!
So here's the first part of my new fanfic, I hope you enjoy it, and let me know what you think!

Don't forget to vote and comment,
Love you all! X