Thirty two

This is so intense, enjoy angels!

J A C E

"Clary are you sure?" Magnus questioned, kneeling down in front of her whilst I held onto her hands tightly.

"If this isn't the pain you experience during child birth then I don't know what is!" Clary screamed at him angrily, falling back against Alec's chest as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Okay, calm down. We're going to get you up to the infirmary, you can't deliver the baby here." Magnus ordered sternly whilst I nodded, making a move to stand up and run ahead to get a bed ready, but Clary was quick to stop me.

"Please don't leave me, not now." Clary cried, gripping ahold of my arm as I was about to pull away.

"Never." I stated soothingly, returning to my original position whilst Alec offered to go ahead as I thanked him before focusing my attention back onto Clary.

"I can't do this, I can't." Clary sobbed, gripping onto my hands whilst she continued to breath heavily, making my heart break at the sight.

"Yes you can, I know you can. You're the strongest person I know, and there's nobody I believe in more than you. We'll do this together, I know we can." I stated as calmly as I could manage, ignoring Magnus' worried expression, who was clearly trying to tell me to hurry things along.

"Right I'm going to pick you up, and we're gonna head up to the infirmary, okay?" I questioned, earning a shaky nod off of Clary whilst Emma and Julian stood aside worriedly.

"On three. One, two, three." Simon and Magnus counted, and on three I carefully lifted Clary up, pulling her into my chest whilst I quickly made my way out of the room and up the stairs.

"You should be taking notes for future references Emma." Clary called out painfully, eyes screwing shut the second she finished her sentence.

"I think I've actually changed my mind about having kids of my own." Emma spoke up, face turning paler with every scream that left Clary's mouth.

"You definitely don't need to be in the delivery room. Come on, we'll go take care of the kids." Julian offered, steering Emma away whilst Ty and Livia followed with worried glances, earning a relieved nod off of Magnus.

"Quick, put her down." Isabelle ordered the second we burst through the infirmary doors, rushing over towards the bed that Alec had clearly prepared as fast as he possibly could.

"Oh my god, you're waters just broke." Simon gulped, watching as Clary cried out in pain once again whilst I set her down as gently as I could, being careful not to slip on the water that now covered the floor, as well as myself.

"She's not supposed to come for another month." Clary cried out worriedly as I rushed towards her, gripping ahold of her hand whilst Magnus suddenly appeared with a flimsy grey gown.

"Is she supposed to give birth in that sac? Talk about style." Izzy muttered, causing a slight chuckle to escape Clary's lips as she took the gown into her hands, putting me the slightest bit at ease.

"Here, let me help." I offered, thanking Alec as he pulled a make shift curtain ward around the bed, allowing Clary to change.

I carefully helped her discard her top before removing the soaking pair of leggings and underwear, pulling the gown down and over her head once we were done.

"I can't have her yet, I won't." Clary stated once she was dressed, chest heaving as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Darling, I'm afraid that's not up to you. Your waters have already broken, and the little one clearly wants out." Magnus stated, trying to calm her down with every word he spoke.

"It's too early, my baby's not going to be okay." Clary cried out, clutching onto my hand whilst my heart continued to hurt with every passing minute.

"You can't think like that, tons of babies are born premature and they're okay, don't worry Clary." Simon encouraged.

"Something still doesn't feel right." Clary mumbled out with scared eyes, shaking her head worriedly whilst I stared down at her in confusion.

"Magnus you need to give her something to ease the pain, now." Alec ordered, his demanding tone coming out stronger than ever.

"I'll go-" Magnus began to speak, but before he could finish, Clary was quick to cut him off.

"N-no, I don't want any of the drugs to ease the pain, I don't want none of it in my system." Clary stated through raged breaths, causing me to furrow my brow in confusion.

"What? Clary what on earth are you talking about? You can't get through this without-" I began to speak, but she cut me off once again.

"I don't want our daughter to be born all drugged up, I would never do that to her. I want the whole thing to be natural, even if it kills me." Clary spoke up, the last part of her sentence shattering my soul completely.

"Clary no, you can't possibly do that. You're not thinking straight, I-" I began to speak, stumbling over my own words due to the tears that'd started to cloud my vision at the thought of losing her.

"Look at me. Jace, look at me." Clary demanded, grabbing ahold of my face as she winced in pain, forcing me to look at her teary eyes.

"I'm going to be fine. Everything's going to be alright, I'm not going anywhere." She stated clearly, whilst all I could do was shake my head in response to her question.

"But what if you're not?! You can't be 100% sure that I won't lose you. What will I do then, huh? There will be nothing left for me Clary." I stated, biting my lip to prevent the sobs from coming out.

"You will, you'll have our beautiful little girl to love and look after, you'll always have a part of me with you." Clary spoke up whilst I continued to shake my head, hoping that all of this was some sort of nightmare.

"You said yourself that something's not right. Clary, baby, please take the pills, I'm begging you." I pleaded, watching as Clary cried out in pain once again.

"I've made my decision, just promise me that if anything goes wrong, or if I don't make it-" She began to speak, but I shook my head furiously before cutting her off.

"Don't say that. You can't leave me, you won't." I stated, earning the slightest smile off of Clary in return, her face continuing to turn a never ending shade of pale.

"You believe in me, right?" She questioned, causing me to gulp loudly before speaking up.

"There's no one I believe in more." I answered in return. But just as Clary was about to speak, Julian burst through the infirmary doors.

"Julian? What's wrong?" Alec questioned upon seeing the worry and panic settled across Jules' face.

"We're surrounded. The whole building is being surrounded." He spoke up breathlessly.

"What do you mean 'surrounded'?" Isabelle questioned, making her way over towards him.

"He's here. Him and his people, they're surrounding every entryway and every passage that-" Julian began to speak once again, but Magnus interrupted once again.

"Who is here Julian?" He questioned.

"Sebastian; him and his army, they're here, and they sure as hell aren't leaving until they get what they want."