Thirty eight

So..I'm honestly so sad to have to be saying this, but this is the last chapter apart from the epilogue.
Honestly the support you guys have shown on this book has been amazing, and I can never thank you enough. If there's any request for proximate books, let me know and I'll see what I can do (stydia in mind atm oops)
On with the chapter angels, I hope you enjoy it! X

A L E C

I let out a shaky sigh of relief as I watched Sebastian's now still frame fall down and crash against the cold floor, eyelids closing at a quick speed.

The second he fell every last bit of commotion died down. Everybody stood dead still in their spots, followers eyes glued to their leaders crumpled frame without knowing what to do.

Seeing as the demons were only bonded to Sebastian by power and not emotion, they were the first to disappear into thin air, leaving nothing but small puffs of smoke in their places.

"How dare you-" One of the few shadowhunters that fought with Sebastian strode forward with a horrible look of rage spread across his face, eyes burning daggers into my own as he clutched a blade firmly in his right hand.

"Not another step." Isabelle had appeared out of nowhere, Magnus following closely behind her as she took a fast step in front of her brother.

"It's over. My advice? Disappear, stay alive." Magnus shrugged innocently, making me sigh in relief as he appeared at my side, hand reaching down to intertwine with my own.

I didn't even have time to blink before the man went up like a puff of smoke, nothing remaining in his previous spot as he vanished into thin air.

"We did it." Simon breathed out, a grin finally spreading across his dirty face, arms reaching out as Isabelle ran over to him, pulling herself into his embrace as she gripped onto the torn jacket that covered Simon's body.

"Jace's hurt, he's-" I suddenly remembered, eyes darting around the room in search for my parabatai, eyes widening as I realised that he was nowhere to be seen.

"Jace is fine, I healed him." Magnus interrupted with a calming voice, a small smile tugging at his lips whilst I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"Then where is he? I could've sworn he was-" I began to ramble out my words again, but with a low chuckle, Magnus cut me off for the second time.

"Calm down, I just thought I'd let him go meet his daughter whilst you lot were distracted. You know, give the three a little alone family time." Magnus shrugged, causing me to break out into a smile that mirrored his own.

"You really are something, you know that warlock?" I chuckled, smirking ever so slightly as I slowly pulled Magnus closer.

"That I am, shadowhunter. And you wouldn't have it any other way." Magnus grinned cockily, making me laugh at his statement before leaning in, sealing the small gap that separated our now touching bodies.

J A C E

"Go, head to the nursery. The spells have been broken, but I don't know if Clary will be awake, but I think it's about time you met that extraordinary little girl of yours." Magnus spoke quietly, helping me up once he was done fixing my leg as best as he could, causing me to grin as I stretched out my healed leg.

"Thank you Magnus, for everything." I stated, shaking my head before pulling the glittery warlock into a somewhat awkward hug, chuckling quietly as I pulled away.

"Jace Herondale, did you just say thank you and hug me within the same five seconds?" Magnus fake gasped, holding a hand over his heart dramatically.

"What can I say, fatherhood is changing me already." I sighed dramatically, earning one last chuckle off of Magnus before I turned around and headed out the door whilst nerves, worry and excitement ate me alive.

I reached the door at record speed, nervously reaching down for the doorknob, carefully twisting it before quietly making my way inside.

"Jace.." My gaze quickly snapped up as I heard Clary's familiar yet raspy voice pronounce my name, a wide smile forming on my face as I turned around and came face to face with the sight in front of me.

Clary was sat on the same bed were she'd given birth only hours ago, dried blood covering her white gown, and although she continued to look pale and unwell, the smile that she had plastered across her face was the most genuine one I'd ever seen her wear, and that was all because of the tiny, sleeping bundle that lay cuddled up in her arms.

I almost fell to my knees at the sight, overwhelmed by all of the emotions that I'd been bottling up since the moment Clary had gone into labour.

"You have no idea how worried I was, I thought- we all thought-" I began to speak unsurely, finally forcing myself to advance towards my family.

"You don't need to worry about that anymore. I told you I'd be fine, didn't I?" Clary questioned, and all I could do in response was chuckle at the inhuman amount of happiness and relief that was rushing through my veins.

"Come meet her." Clary smiled, gesturing me forward as she rocked the tiny baby in her arms.

I carefully took a seat in one of the chairs that were spread across the nursery, smiling down as I reached my finger out towards the newborn, breath hitching in my throat as she wrapped her tiny fingers around my own.

"She knows her daddy already." Clary whispered quietly, smiling down at our soundlessly awaking little girl.

"She's perfect." I managed to choke out, causing Clary to chuckle at my nervousness whilst I laughed along with her, a single tear sliding down my cheek.

"I think someone wants a cuddle." Clary spoke up as the baby began to stir in her arms, an uncomfortable whine leaving her slightly parted lips.

I swallowed nervously before reaching out, carefully taking my little girl into my arms, pulling her into my chest as I shushed her.

"Daddy's got you baby, I'm here." I whispered quietly, gently rocking her in my warm embrace, smiling as I watched het quiet down, face snuggling into my chest.

"You're a natural." Clary grinned, reaching out to caress my cheek with the back of her hand, eyes never leaving our newborn daughter.

"We've been waiting for you for ages Cords, you have no idea how happy mummy and daddy are to finally have you here with us." I mumbled, comfortably tucking the blanket around her now sleeping frame.

"Our little family has finally come together." Clary spoke quietly, smiling at me as we spoke with hushed voices, not wanting to disturbe our little girl.

"It sure has." I smiled in response, pressing a short kiss against Clary's forehead before returning to rocking the bundle that was cuddled into my arms, with Clary's head resting comfortably against my shoulder as we stared down at our beautiful little creation, falling in love all over again.