Twelve

J A C E

My eyes slowly began to open as I was disturbed from my slumber, the movement of the bed sheets confusing me.

"Clary?" I mumbled sleepily, rubbing my eyes in order to see, and as soon as I noticed Clary's body trashing around under the covers whilst a layer of sweat covered her body, I felt more awake than ever before.

I snapped out of my daze and sat up quickly, pulling the covers back as I gently lifted Clary up, settling her smaller frame down onto my lap whilst I held her close to my chest, whispering soothing words as I attempted to wake her up.

"Clary, baby, wake up, it's just a dream." I soothed, kissing her forehead slightly whilst she continued to mumble incoherent words.

"Clary, wake up." I stated a bit louder, shaking her shoulders with a bit more force.

She snapped out of it after a while longer of me shaking her, bloodshot eyes darting open as she stopped thrashing against my grip.

"Shh you're okay, it was just a dream." I soothed, pulling her into my arms as I hugged her with a firm grip.

"No..no Jace, it wasn't a dream. It was real, it's happening." She mumbled against my chest, whilst I glanced down at her with a look of confusion.

"What are you on about?" I questioned, pulling her body away slightly in order for me to be able to look at her whilst she spoke.

"I know who's behind all of this, I know who wants to hurt our baby, and he's not going to stop until he succeeds." She cried, a few tears slipping.

"Clary, who is it?" I questioned worriedly.

"It's Sebastian, it's my psycho of a brother that wants the power, Jace." She breathed out, sighing loudly.

"What.." I trailed off, trying to process the new information, but Clary was quick to cut me off.

"You may not believe me, but I saw it. In the dream, I was stood there, with our baby in my arms, and Sebastian was there too. I wouldn't give it up, so then these guards ripped the baby out of my arms and they gave it to Sebastian, and he disappeared instantly, and I was struggling against them and then-" I cut off her rambling, shushing her whilst she cried, hugging her tightly once again.

"Clary, I believe you, I do. To be honest, I can't believe no one guessed it before. I guess we were brainwashed with the thought of him being gone for good, that we didn't want to bring it up and jeopardise anything." I sighed.

"I won't let him harm our child." Clary mumbled quietly, arms resting loosely around my neck whilst I held her.

"I know, I know, none of us will." I soothed, pressing a soft kiss against her forehead whilst she calmed down.

A sudden knock on the door gained both of our attention, and soon enough, Simon burst through the door with a worried look on his face.

"Senses are heightened, I heard all of the commotion, sorry. Are you alright? Wait, is the baby coming?! Are you going into labour?! Do I need to get-" Simon began to ramble on, but Clary cut him off.

"Si, I'm six months along, no baby just yet, calm down." She chuckled lightly, whilst Simon sighed in relief.

"But, we think we know who's after the baby." I sighed, watching as Simon stared at us both, a glint of confusion in his eyes.

"What? Who? How?" He questioned, pulling up a chair as he sat in front of us both.

"I had a dream, and in it, I had the baby, and..Sebastian was there, and he took my child away from me." Clary spoke up.

"Sebastian? But I thought.." Simon trailed off, brow furrowed in confusion as he leant forward.

"That he was dead, so did we. I guess we avoided accusing him as a suspect because we thought we'd never have to face him again." Jace sighed.

"I'm not 100%, it was a dream at the end of the day, but my instincts are telling me that it was more of a warning than a dream." Clary sighed, resting her head against Jace's shoulder whilst she glanced over at Simon.

"Three more months and you'll be giving birth, do you think he has a plan?" Simon questioned unsurely.

"It's Sebastian we're talking about, he always has a plan. And please, don't remind me about giving birth, I'm avoiding the topic until I actually have to face it." Clary sighed, earning a low chuckle off of both me and Simon.

"Clary, you've battled an amount of demons that I lost count of a long time ago, you survived the mortal war, and you went through hell, well, literally went through hell, during the process. Are you seriously telling me that you're worried about giving birth?" Simon scoffed sarcastically.

"Battling demons sounds almost peaceful compared to giving birth." Clary chuckled quietly.

"You'll be fine, you're strong, and you'll get there, and you'll be perfectly fine; both of you will." I stated, placing my hand on her stomach whilst I smiled at her.

"Right, I best be going. Well actually, I'm only going down the hall. Sorry for barging in, my senses get the best of me most of the time." Simon apologised guiltily, earning slight chuckled off of me and Clary.

"Don't worry Si, just go rest, we'll talk in the morning." I spoke up, watching as he left the room, shutting the door closed behind him.

"He's powerful enough already as it is, Jace. The simple thought of him getting his hands on our child scares me, let alone the harm he wants to cause." Clary sighed, laying back down with me once Simon had left.

"The love of our family bond will overcome whatever power is thrown at us, we won't let him win. And this time, I'm taking him down for good." I spoke up, pulling Clary against my side whilst I wrapped my arm securely around her, hand resting carefully on her bump.

"I hope so." Clary mumbled tiredly, face laying comfortably against my chest whilst I held her close, kissing her forehead softly.

"Try and sleep through the night, you need rest, and so does the baby. We'll tell everyone else in the morning, and we'll figure out what to do with Sebastian." I spoke quietly, twirling a strand of Clary's hair around my finger.

"Okay." She sighed quietly, eyes fluttering closed a couple seconds later.

I made sure she was fast asleep before settling down myself, closing my eyes whilst I kept a firm grip around Clary's body.

Sebastian wasn't going to harm my child, and I wasn't going to rest until I knew he was dead.