Eight

I'm so proud of the prophecy in this chap, what did you think? X

A L E C

"What the hell is happening to her?!" Simon questioned, panicking as soon as Clary's eyes fluttered shut.

"Someone's trying to to take over her mind, trying to control it." Magnus stated, staring down at the still corpse that was laid across my lap.

"I thought demons couldn't do that if-" I began to question in confusion, but Magnus cut me off.

"It's not trying to take over completely, it's trying to communicate with her through her mind." Magnus stated.

"C'mon Clary, pull through this!" Magnus shouted, gripping ahold of her hand, a concentrated look plastered across his face.

"Wait, is the baby okay?" I questioned worriedly, staring down as Clary's eyes suddenly flew open.

Her usual sparkling green eyes had been replaced by dead, black orbs.

"That's what worries me, Alexander. The baby hasn't been born yet, therefor, it isn't under any protection rituals." Magnus spoke up, making my eyes widen at his words.

"Well what are we supposed to do?! Can you stop it?!" Simon questioned, staring frantically between Magnus and Clary's body.

"Her eyes.." I trailed off, watching as she lay completely still on my lap, eyelids plastered wide open without even blinking.

"It's happening. It's communicating through her mind, through her thoughts." Magnus stated, watching Clary with alerted eyes.

"Isn't there anything you can do to protect the baby, Magnus? A protection spell or something?" Simon questioned, staring down as I felt Clary's grip intensify on my arm.

"I can try, but I doubt I'll be able to protect it at such an early stage." Magnus sighed, shaking his head whilst he leant forward, placing both hands on either side of Clary's stomach.

"I...I can't do it." Magnus sighed, a panicked expression settling on his face as he stared down worriedly.

"What do you mean you can't?" I questioned, dreading the answer before Magnus had even spoken a single word.

"I mean, I have no connection. I..I can't find the baby's pulse, there's nothing for me to grip onto in order to protect it.." Magnus stated.

"What?" Simon questioned, voice barely above a whisper.

"I don't know what's happening..I don't understand what this demon is doing." Magnus stated, shaking his head in frustration.

Before any of us had a chance to speak up, a blood curdling scream suddenly left Clary's lips, her body jerking upwards as her eyes screwed shut.

I held a firm grip on her hand as her body began to convulse, tears streaming down her pale cheeks.

Her eyes suddenly flew open once again, but this time, we were greeted by the familiar green orbs, no longer the dead black ones that caused a chill to run down my spine.

She stared around frantically, eyes bloodshot whilst sobs made there way up her throat.

Nobody dared to say a word for a few minutes, until Clary stared down at our interlocked hands, staring at me for a split second before lunging forward, wrapping her arms tightly around my neck.

I sighed in relief and hugged her tightly, feeling her body shake whilst she continued to cry against my shoulder, grip around my neck only growing stronger.