Twenty eight

I love Thursdays bc Thursday is update day, enjoy!

C L A R Y

"Dru has fallen asleep with Tavvy, pair of them are completely knocked out." Tiberius informed as he walked into the room with his twin by his side, both of them taking a seat next to Julian and Emma on the sofa.

"Sebastian must've had some sort of scheme that we missed. He's not stupid, he wouldn't just say something like that for the sake of saying it." Alec stated, concentrated look settled across his face whilst he stood leaning against the table by Magnus' side.

"He appeared out of the blue, said he wanted to talk to me about you, Clary, but honestly, he didn't seem too convinced about the statement himself." Emma spoke up, staring over at me once she was done.

"He didn't leave the institute when Jace and Alec left, nor did he try and harm any of us." Isabelle added on to Emma's statement, an unreadable expression settled across her face.

"She's right, the three of us went upstairs to get everyone else so that we cold leave, but he-" Julian began to speak, but Emma cut him off mid sentence.

"He headed towards the library." She spoke up, eyes widening in realisation, as did Julian's the second the words left her mouth.

"The book..Jules he's after the book, how did we not realise this sooner?" Livia questioned, whilst the rest of us stared at them in confusion.

"What book?" I questioned unsurely, staring at Julian and Emma worriedly whilst I kept my hand nervously interlocked with Jace's.

"There's this book that once belonged to a warlock, filled with summoning spells and all kinds of dark magic. When he died, it was given to our great grandfather to mind, and since that type of magic was forbidden, even to own a book that has anything to do with it was, it's been kept hidden inside the library for as long as I can remember." Tiberius explained.

"Of course..He needs the book to creat the spell that'll transfer the baby's power over to himself, that's why he created the distraction. He wanted us to bring you back here, to think he'd reappear and try to harm you so that he could take it.." Jace trailed off.

"He is one clever bastard." Simon sighed in annoyance, hand placed reassuringly over Isabelle's shoulder.

"What does the book look like, Julian? What warlock did it belong to?" Magnus questioned curiously.

"It's brown, it's made of an old leathery material, and it's bound with spells of protection so that no being that isn't a warlock can have access to it. As for who it belonged to, I have no idea." Julian stated.

"Our great grandfather was a friend of the warlocks, so he trusted him to keep the book safe. Trying to open the book to reveal what was inside was what killed him, seeing as he was a shadowhunter and not a warlock, the enchantments ruined him." Livia added on to her older brothers explanation.

"Sebastian may not be able to open up the book, but I can guarantee you that he's already got a warlock to perform the ritual for him, we all know he's always one step ahead." I sighed.

"Me and Emma could go back to check if he's found it, maybe he didn't quite reach it." Julian spoke up.

"You won't go alone, I'll go with you, just in case." Alec stated, earning grateful nods off of both Emma and Julian.

"We'll stay incase Tavvy or Dru wake up, make sure they have a familiar face with them if they do, let them know what's going on." Tiberius spoke up, referring to himself and his twin.

"It's been over an hour, he's either found it, or he's given up and left. Hopefully my second guess is the right answer." Isabelle stated unsurely.

"Come, I'll reopen the portal for you three, we're wasting time." Magnus stated, signalling for Alec, Julian and Emma to follow him out of the room.

"Please be careful." Livia warned worriedly, hugging her older brother and Emma, as did Tiberius.

"We'll be fine, don't worry. Just keep an eye on Tavvy and Dru, we won't be long." Julian spoke, breaking away from the twins, saying goodbye before following Alec and Magnus out of the room with Emma by his side.

"Let me get you pair something to eat, you must be starving." I stated, signalling for both twins to follow me as I stood up, heading out towards the kitchen.

"You don't have to Clary, we can make something for ourselves if you need to rest." Livia stated, taking a seat on one of the kitchen stools whilst her brother did exactly the same.

"Don't be silly, I don't need rest at all, I'm perfectly fine. Are you guys okay with sandwiches or are you fussy?" I questioned unsurely, rummaging through the fridge whilst I spoke.

"Nah, we're fine with whatever." Tiberius stated calmly whilst I nodded, turning around in order to begin fixing sandwiches for the pair.

"Clary, can I ask you something?" Livia spoke up after a short while, causing me to furrow my brow before turning around, carrying two plates with me once I'd finished making the food.

"Of course, anything you want Livs." I answered, setting the plates down in front of the twins whilst they thanked me.

I leaned against the counter with a glass in hand, filling it with water before turning my full attention towards her question.

"What are you and Jace planning on calling the baby?" She questioned curiously, a small blush spreading across her cheeks whilst I smiled.

"We haven't actually had time to sit and talk about it, so I'm not entirely sure. I've got a few names that I like, but we haven't discussed it yet." I answered truthfully, taking a quick sip whilst I watch the pair eat.

"It's a girl, right?" Tiberius questioned, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand before speaking.

"Yeah, maybe you two could help. Any names in mind that you like?" I questioned, watching as Livia smiled at my sudden words.

"You'd let us help pick the name?" She questioned excitedly, causing me to chuckle at her enthusiasm.

"Why not? You might come up with an individual name for her." I shrugged, watching as Tiberius pushed his now empty plate away, a concentrated look spread across his face.

"I really like Cordelia. I remember reading it in one of Tavvy's shadowhunter tale books before his bedtime, it's cool and original." Tiberius shrugged, whilst Livia nodded in agreement to her brothers statement.

"Cordelia Herondale..I think I'm gonna have to talk to Jace about this one." I nodded in agreement, the name itself seeming to fit perfectly without any hesitation whatsoever as I repeated it over and over again in my head.