Fourteen

Hey guys! Here's a new chapter, Hope you enjoy it! X

A L E C

All six of us stood in complete silence since the moment that the hologram had disappeared, not one of us daring to say a word.

"I need a minute." Isabelle was the first to speak up, quickly making her way out of the room. Simon made a move to follow, but I stopped him.

"I'll go after her." I stated, earning a short nod off of Simon. I took one last glance at Magnus and then left the room, running up the stairs after my sister.

I gently knocked on her closed door once I reached the top, making my way down the hall towards her room beforehand.

"Simon, go away, I just need some space." She stated, voice barely audible through the closed door that separated us.

"It's me, Iz. Open up." I stated, leaning against the wall next to the door whilst I waited for her to speak up or do something.

"I just want to be alone for a while Alec, go." She sniffled after a while, and that only made me worry.

"Izzy, open the door and let me in. Come on, I just want to talk." I sighed.

The door clicked soon enough, and behind it stood a teary eyed Isabelle. I stared at her sadly, stepping through the open door, pulling her into my arms straight away.

"You're alright." I soothed, hugging er tightly towards my chest whilst she cried, tears staining my shirt.

I simply stood there with my sister in my arms, embracing her shaking frame whilst small sobs left her lips.

"It's okay Iz, everything's gonna be fine." I soothed, running my hand through her wavy locks.

"No, it's not Alec. H-he's back, and you and I both know that he's not going to back down until he gets what he wants; and that is consuming Jace and Clary's baby until it's dead." She cried, making me sigh sadly whilst I pulled her closer towards me.

"We won't let him, Iz. We've stopped him once, we can do it again. Everything's going be fine, I promise." I mumbled quietly.

"When he mentioned Max..It just reminded me of how everything went down, and how much he still had to see in life. He was ten years old.." Isabelle sighed, eyes red from crying.

"I know, I know." I sighed once again, making sure to put on a brave face in front of Isabelle.

"Thank you, Alec." She spoke up after a couple of minutes of silence, pulling away slightly whilst she rubbed at her puffy eyes.

"Iz, you're my sister, it's my job to look after you, and it always will be." I said, watching as a small smile appeared on her face.

"You sure you're alright?" I questioned once again, making sure she was okay after what had happened.

"Yes, I'm sure. Now come on, let's go see what's going on downstairs." Isabelle nodded, heading towards the bedroom door whilst I followed closely behind.

We made our way down the stairs side by side, walking straight into the training room seconds later.

Simon was the first to notice out presence, and he was instantly by Izzy's side, making sure she was okay.

I chuckled at the panicking daylighter before leaving the pair alone, making my way over to Magnus, Clary and Jace.

"She alright?" Jace questioned, gaze shifting over towards Isabelle for a short period of time before looking back at me.

"Yeah, he just hit her where it hurt the most." I sighed, smiling sadly as I adverted my gaze towards Izzy, watching her slightly happier facial expression as she spoke with Simon.

"He knows exactly how to play the game, I'll give the bastard that. Anyway, Magnus managed to do something whilst you were gone." Jace stated, whilst I stared with a confused expression.

"What's that?" I questioned curiously, staring back and forth between Jace, Magnus and Clary, waiting for one of them to speak up.

"He managed to block whatever power Sebastian had over controlling my continuous sickness and dizziness." Clary stated.

"Really? Did you manage to block any chance of them tracking or tracing the baby?" I questioned hopefully.

"No, the attraction of its power is too strong for me to cloak. I may be able to severe the connection at certain times, but I doubt it'll help. He knows exactly where we are, it won't stop him." Magnus spoke up.

"The good thing is, we know for sure that he's not going to lay a hand on Clary whilst she carries the baby." I added.

"True, but the problem is, we don't know what his next move is going to be." Magnus stated.

"Knowing him? Anything and everything he pleases." Jace sighed.

"If we could just get some source of information, so that we could at least know how he actually plans to carry this whole thing out.." Clary trailed off.

"Do you reckon he plans on kidnapping her? You know, so that Clary would have no other choice but to give birth and deliver the baby straight into his awaiting hands." Isabelle questioned, joining in on the conversation whilst Simon listened carefully with her.

"Honestly, I don't know. If he planned on doing that, he would've simply presented himself here in person today instead of doing it through a hologram." Magnus spoke up.

"I'm only five months along, almost six. If he were to do something like that, don't you think he would've stayed hidden and then appeared a bit further down the line?" Clary questioned.

"He's obviously got a plan, he always has. The problem is, we don't have a clue on where he wants to go with all of this." Simon voiced.

"He's doing this on purpose." Jace stated, shaking his lead slightly.

"Doing what?" I questioned in confusion, staring over at my parabatai.

"Appearing out of the blue when the baby is no where near ready to be delivered, saying all those things he said, he's doing it to mess with us. He's trying to throw us off track from figuring out what he's really up to." Jace stated.

"He's right, it's Sebastian's exact way of playing the game. He plans to throw us of track, and attack when he suspects that we aren't ready and weak." Isabelle said.

"We just need to figure out exactly how he's planning this out, and from there, the road is pretty simple." Magnus shrugged.

"We kill him before he has the chance to carry out whatever he's planning." Jace nodded.

"The way you're planning all of this sound seriously great and heroic, but it seems way too easy guys." Simon stated nervously.

"Maybe, but it's the only lead we've got." Jace sighed.