Fifteen

C L A R Y

Three days had passed since the unexpected visit we'd received off of Sebastian, and those three days had consisted of sleepless nights, bickering, and an odd tear here and there.

We were on a constant alert, knowing too well that Sebastian could appear out of nowhere whenever he wanted, and that had been one of the main causes of the bags that hung under almost all of our own eyes.

Isabelle had started feeling a little better after what had happened when Sebastian started talking about her dead brother, but she still shed a tear whenever it was brought up, and that was never going to change.

Jace hadn't let me out of his sight since Sebastian's unpleasant visit, making sure he kept an eye on me wherever I went, whatever time of the day.

I managed to get him to calm down after the first two days, because I literally couldn't take a breath without him worrying about me, or asking me if I was okay.

He was still cautious, but at least he was letting me leave his sight for as long as I needed to, wether it was to use the bathroom or eat, or simply to take a break and sit quietly to try and clear my mind.

"We're heading round Magnus' in a few, you almost ready?" Alec questioned, leaning against the door frame whilst I sat on the edge of mine and Jace's shared bed.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a sec, tell Jace that I won't be long." I smiled softly, receiving a nod off of Alec before he left, pulling the door closed behind me as he left.

I sighed quietly and stood up, heading over to grab my leather jacket and pull on a pair of boots.

I pulled my jacket on, sitting down once again with my back facing the closed bedroom door, bending down to try and pull my boots on.

"You're making this kind of difficult for me, baby." I chuckled to myself, gently rubbing my bump whilst I bent forward once again, managing to pull my left boot on.

"One to go." I exhaled dramatically, leaning down once again in order to pull the right one on, lacing both of them up once I was done.

I stood up and dusted my faded grey jeans off, hearing the bedroom door open once again.

"Jace, I was almost on my way down, you didn't need to-" I began to scold, but as soon as I turned around, I realised that the person who had barged in wasn't Jace.

"Oh I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" Sebastian's voice filled my ears as I stood frozen in my spot, every word he spoke dripping with nothing but sarcasm.

"W-what, how are-" I began to question, panic clear in my voice, but he decided to cut me off.

"Just thought I'd drop by, you know, in person, for a change." He shrugged, eyes examining the room, taking in every detail whilst the grim never left his pale face.

"Why are you here?" I questioned, heart pounding against my chest whilst I stood as far away from him as possible, arms circling my stomach.

"Just thought I'd pop in, see how the little one is doing." He shrugged, picking up a glass frame that rested on the chest of drawers opposite the bed, eyes fixed on the photograph on display.

I stayed silent, breathing heavily whilst I mentally debated with myself wether I should scream for help, or face this on my own.

"I see you're taking good care of her for me." He chuckled darkly, eyes racking my body, trailing down to my bump.

"Wait..Her?" I questioned, voice cracking slightly as a few tears pooled in my eyes, making them slightly watery.

"Oops, sorry I let that one spill, did you want to keep the gender a surprise, sister?" He questioned in amusement.

"No..we just-wait, how do you even know that it's a girl?" I questioned worriedly, staring up at him in confusion.

"I've told you once, and I'll tell you again. My people keep a close eye on you, sister. And I know things, I can sense things, and when the time comes, you'll have no choice but to hand her over to me." He shrugged carelessly.

"I will never give her up to you." I stated, shaking my head whilst a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Haven't we been over this already?" He questioned with a bored tone ringing through his voice, placing the photo frame back down as he no longer seemed interested.

"I don't care how many times you tell me, how many times you threaten me, it won't matter. I'd rather die before giving my baby up to you." I stated, each word filled with vicious anger.

"Is that how you want it to be, sister? Well, by all means. I was going to give you time, let you give her up to me willingly, but I guess we're gonna need a change of plans." He shrugged innocently, taking a few short steps towards me.

"Jace!" I screamed out, backing up as far as I could manage, my back hitting the cool wall seconds later, chest heaving as I struggled to breath.

Sebastian reached me soon enough, arms circling around my body in a tight grip whilst I cried out, yanking at his arms in order to get him to let go, but he was way too strong.

"I can sense her power already, and she hasn't even been born yet." He chuckled, hot breath fanning over my shoulder as he spoke, whilst I continued to desperately try and break the death grip that he held me in.

The bedroom door flew open a short while later, revealing Jace, Alec, and Magnus. Jace's eyes widened the minute he laid eyes on the sight in front of him, stopping dead in his tracks once he entered the room.

"Not a single step closer, any of you." Sebastian warned, arms wrapped securely around my shorter frame, tears streaming silently down my face whilst I stared at Jace with a fearful look in my eyes.

"Let her go." Magnus stated calmly, holding his hands up whilst he slowly stepped out in front of Jace, eyes burning into Sebastian's dark orbs.

My heartbeat quickened up once again, body shaking in fear as I felt Sebastian's body vibrate, deep chuckles escaping his lips as soon as the words left Magnus' mouth.

"Did you honestly think it'd be that easy? That I'd mange to get my hands on both Clary and the source of power that grows inside of her, and then I'd just hand them back over?" He chuckled, cracking up whilst Magnus glared at the disrespectful devil that stood before him.

"Get your hands off of her Sebastian, now." Jace warned, fists clenched tightly at his sides, eyes focuses on nothing but Sebastian.

"Do not tell me what to do, shadowhunter. It's heart warming, the way you try and defend one of your own, really it is." Sebastian chuckled lowly, shaking his head slowly from side to side.

"I guess it's just a shame that I have no heart for you to warm." He shrugged, smirking one last time before his grip on my body increased once again.

"Jace, no!" I screamed out, trying to break free of his grip as the room began to spin, tears pouring whilst sobs made their way up my throat as I desperately tried to reach out for Jace, for Alec or Magnus.

The room began to fade away, as did Sebastian's grip around me, and soon enough, I saw nothing but darkness.