Chapter 7

Cas wakes groggily to soft kisses on his face. He blinks his eyes open to see Dean staring at him lovingly. One hand resting on Cas' bare chest the other holding his camera..

"Morning, handsome," Dean smiles.

"Morning," Cas lifts his head to give Dean a quick kiss. "What time is it?"

"Seven thirty," Dean answers. He stirs his camera off and sets it to the side.

"I have to be at the school in twenty minutes!" Cas sits up.

"Oh come on baby, just call in sick." Dean wraps his arms around Cas from behind and rests his chin on his shoulder.

"Dean I can't do that." Cas links his fingers with Dean's.

"Why not, you've been working for nearly ten years and you've only called in once." Dean kisses Cas' shoulder.

"Well, maybe a day off would be nice." Cas ponders.

"You can spend all day with me." Dean smiles.

"Fine," Cas sighs. Dean hands him a phone and he calls the school.

"And now tht you're officially staying home, I'm gonna make you breakfast in bed." Dean bounces next to him.

"Dean that is not necessary," Cas smiles, though he know Dean won't take no for an answer.

"Nonsense, anything for my love," Dean rolls out of bed. "Stay here, I'll be back with breakfast." Dean motions for Cas to stay.

Cas lays back and sighs happily. Not long later the scent of bacon wafts into the bedroom.

"I got you coffee to hold you over," Dean comes in holding Cas' bumblebee coffee mug.

"Thank you, Dean." Cas sips at his hot coffee as Dean finishes breakfast. He returns with a tray and a humongous smile on his face.

"Bon appetit," Dean sets the tray on Cas' lap. He takes a seat next to Cas. Cas smiles at the heart shaped pancakes with bacon on the side and a jar of honey and a glass of orange juice.

"Thanks, sweetie." Cas kisses Dean softly. He starts to eat his lovely breakfast.

"You look hot with bed head." Dean murmurs, trailing his hand through Cas' hair. "And that little scruff, hot damn," he caresses Cas' face.

"Dean, I'm eating." Cas mumbles through a mouthful of food.

"And you're sexy when you're eating too." Dean smirks.

"How 'bout now?" Cas shows his mouthful of food and makes a ridiculous face.

"Even hotter." Dean kisses his nose. Cas swallows his food.

"God, I love you." Cas sets the tray on the nightstand and turns to Dean.

"I love you too, Cas. I have from the moment I first saw you. And even now when I see you, I still feel the exact same way I did before. Nothing can change how much I love you." Dean's shining green eyes stare into Cas' bright blue orbs.

"Dean, I can't believe I am so lucky to be married to an amazing man like you." Cas wraps his arms around Dean.

They kiss each other softly. Dean touches Cas with such gentleness. Cas would think that Dean could never do harm to any person.

They spend the rest of the day lying in bed kissing and touching without a care in the world.

It's about dinner time when they finally disentangle themselves from each other.

"I'll make dinner." Cas offers.

"Let's order pizza, you don't need to make dinner." Dean pulls Cas into the living room.

"I believe you are trying to restrict me from the kitchen." Cas accuses.

"No, I just think you should have a super lazy day." Dean shrugs.

"How sweet." Cas pulls Dean onto the couch an they settle together. Dean rings up the pizza place and orders a large meat lovers pizza.

Once he's off the phone, Cas flips on the television.

"There was a new episode of Dr. Sexy last night." Cas clicks the episode and settles next to Dean. The doorbell rings and Dean for and pays from their dinner. He returns with the box.

As they eat and watch Dr. Sexy, Cas feels as if there's something missing. He's been feeling this a lot lately, and he knows exactly what it is. He craves the sound of another pair of feet pattering around the house.

"Dean, can we talk about something?"

"Sure thing, what do you want to talk about?" Dean looks down at Cas.

"I want a child." Cas says simply.

"Cas, we talked about this," Dean sighs.

"I know, and I wanna talk about it again." Cas snaps. Dean pauses the program on TV and turns to Cas.

"Cas, can we not do this today?" Dean pleads.

"I'm sorry, but I want a child. You know this, I've told you god knows how many times. I know you say you aren't ready, and I think I know why. You're scared. You think you are going to be a terrible father, but you aren't. You are the most wonderful man I've ever known. You would make the best father." Cas grabs Dean's hand.

"Cas, I can't, what if I end up like my dad. He was a drunken bastard, who only cared about revenge." Dean takes a deep breath.

"John is not the only father figure in your life. Bobby practically raised you and he is a wonderful father. So I don't wanna hear it." Cas says angrily, he doesn't want to be angry, but Dean is so stubborn. Dean just gives a defeated sigh.

"I'm going to bed," Cas stands abruptly.

"Baby, please." Dean reaches for him.

"Goodnight," Cas shakes Dean's hand off him. He goes to the room.

Dean comes in later.

"Cas," he says softly. Cas ignores him, pretending to be asleep. "Good night, Honey bee." Dean crawls into bed. When he goes to put his arm around Cas, Cas rolls over, moving away from Dean.

Dean sighs and keeps on his side of the bed. He knows Cas is nearly as stubborn as him, maybe more. This topic can go on for days, then it will be dropped, only to be brought up again.

The last time they argues about this, Cas ended up not speaking to Dean for a week. Dean even ended up sleeping on the couch a few nights. He knows there is only one way to fix this.