Chapter 31

Cas spends all day reading the papers Crowley gave to him. The words are burned into his mind.

"Master Crowley demands you get ready!" Alastair's nasally voice sounds behind him, causing Cas to jump.

"How did you get in here?" Cas questions.

"Quit yapping and get ready." Alastair growls and marches out.

Cas grabs his tux and quickly slips into it. He attempts to do something with his hair, but it remains a mess.

He examines himself in the mirror.

"You look fine, now we should get going." Crowley calls from behind him.

"Seriously how do you guys keep coming in here?" Cas growls.

"I've got your key dumbass." Crowley holds up the card-key. Cas frowns. Let's go." Crowley beckons Cas.

Cas follows Crowley reluctantly. He is nervous about all this. He desperately wishes Dean was there to comfort him.

"Why the long face?" Crowley asks as they walk. Alastair trails along behind them.

"Nothing, I just miss my husband and my daughter is all." Cas sighs.

"You saw them yesterday." Crowley rolls his eyes.

"I love my family, of course I'm going to miss them. I doubt you know what that's like." Cas spits venom into his words.

"Of course I love, I love power and I love money. And I miss when you were a scared little mouse who was too scared to even speak." Crowley snaps.

Cas clenches his jaw staring ahead. The rest of their walk is silent. They get down to the limo.

"This is where I leave you." Crowley folds his arms. "Remember, get close and try to get them alone." Crowley reminds Cas.

"I know," Cas growls. He slides into the limo. The sun will be setting soon, causing the sky to be a pretty pink and orange. It's the last thing Cas notices before Crowley slams the door shut.

The ride seems to happen in a flash. It's all so sudden when the door is opened, throwing the dying light of the sun into his face.

"Enjoy the party while you can." Alastair's nasally voice reaches Cas' ears.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Cas glares at him. Alastair just smiles ushering Cas out of the limo.

Due to the setting sun lights are being flipped on. Cas stares dumbfounded at all of the people heading up the red carpet covered stairs into the building before them. Lights flash from men taking pictures of women in beautiful dresses and men in dashing tuxes.

Cas feels completely out of place among these rich and dazzling people. But he does what he's supposed to, and heads up the stairs. He refrains from flinching and shutting his eyes from the bright flashes from the cameras.

He enters the building where the ball is being held. It's much dimmer in the hall than it is outside with the bright lights. At the end of the hall is a doorway spilling out golden light. All the people are heading that way.

Cas follows suit and finds himself in a gold and brights room with people milling about.

Cas immediately moves toward a bar to the side. He orders whiskey, throwing it back quickly. After getting another, he turns, scanning the room, looking for the couple he's here for.

A couple walks into the room and one look at them causes Cas to freeze and sends a shiver down his spine.

[Let the Dick jokes begin]

Dick looks just as dashing and powerful  in person as he does in the picture. Abbadon is beautiful in a scary way. They both seem to give off a vibe that says they are better than everyone, and by the looks of them, Cas would say they are.

Dick has on a tux that looks far more expensive than the one Cas has on. Abbadon is wearing a beautiful black gown with crimson trimmings, the gown looks like it was woven by the gods, though that may be a bit of an overstatement. 

Abbadon gazes around the room, resting her eyes on the one place Cas really wish she didn't. They lock eyes, it's only for a few seconds, but to Cas it feels like an eternity.

******

Dean pulls into a parking space of a really fancy hotel. This is the hotel Gabriel said Cas was staying in. As he walks up, he sees a flower vendor. He quickly buys a bouquet of the cheapest flowers and rushes into the hotel. He goes up to the lady behind the desk.

"Hi, do you have a reservation?" She asks politely.

"Uh, no, actually I was hoping you could do me a favor." He smiles sweetly. "You see, my husband has been gone for a few weeks on the big business trip with his boss, and well, it's out anniversary." Dean shows her the bouquet. "He doesn't know I'm here and I was hoping I could surprise him."

"Usually I'm not supposed to give out that information." The woman sighs. "But I can't say no to love, can I have a name?"

"The room might be under uh, Fergus McCloud." Dean says with slight doubt in his voice.

"Yup! He's right here, he has two rooms." She tells him the room numbers.

"Thank you so much." Dean smiles and rushes off. As soon as he's out of sight from the woman he tosses the flowers into the trash. He takes an elevator to the correct floor. The elevator is agonizingly slow. He bounces impatiently as it slowly lifts to the place  he needs to be.

The doors are barely even open when Dean slips out and rushes down the hall. The two rooms he needs are directly across from each other.

He knocks on the one to the right first. No one answers. He knocks again a bit harder, but again, the door stays shut.

He turns and slams his fist against the other door. Moments later it opens revealing a guy Dean hasn't seen before.

"Who the hell are you?" The man asks, reaching behind him for what Dean assumes to be a gun. Before the man can do anything, Dean grabs him an slams him up against the wall. Sure enough, the gun he was grabbing clatters to the ground. Dean kicks it away, it goes sliding away somewhere.

"Where's my husband?" Dean growls.

"I don't know what you're talking about." The man responds.

"I'm gonna ask again, and I want the truth this time or else my fist an your face are gonna become great pals. Now, where is my husband." Dean raises his fist.

"Okay man, he's at the ball, they left like an hour ago." The man flinches.

"Where is it?" Dean demands. The guy rattles off a place and squeezes his eyes shut.

"Thanks." Dean releases him. He turns on his heels and marches out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

"I'm coming for you babe." Dean murmurs.