Chapter 29

Dean hangs up the phone after speaking to Cas. There is no doubt in his mind that Cas is not being truthful with him. Luckily the only other person who must know is going on is a quick phone call away. But before he does that he has duties around the house.

He cleans up, puts Mary in her play pin and posts an update for his fans, because despite his worries, he still wants his fans to be happy. When he finally has time to himself, he grabs his phone.

"Two times in one day, that's a record, Deanie-Weenie!" Gabriel answers.

"You know something I don't. And I want to know it now!" Dean demands.

"Is that so? Well you are going to have to be far more specific, I know a lot of things you don't." Dean can practically hear the shrug in Gabriel's voice.

"Gabriel, you know damn well what I'm talking about, you better spill, now!" Dean growls.

"Okay, fine. On one condition." Gabriel murmurs.

"What." Dean sighs.

"Give me Sammy-boy's number and I will tell you anything." Gabriel responds.

"Why do you want his number?" Dean questions.

"He's single, I'm single, and I really want to mingle it up with that hunk of-"

"Ew, okay, I get the picture." Dean stops him. He rattles off Sam's number. "Now start talking."

"Okay, so I'm gathering you know Cas is not here." Gabriel starts. "He's currently in California," Gabriel tells Dean everything Cas told him.

"That son of a bitch." Dean mutters, though it isn't said with malice, more like a tender term of endearment.

"He didn't want you to worry about him. He thought he could take care of it himself. He wanted nothing more than to fix what he did." Gabriel explains. "Don't be angry at him."

"I'm not angry at him, I just, why wouldn't he tell me, I could have helped, or something." Dean sighs.

"He has his reasons." Gabriel says. "What are you going to do now?"

"Probably something stupid, but oh well. Talk to you later." Dean hangs up and stands, turning to check on his daughter. Mary is standing looking at him. He approaches the pin where she's looking up at him with a toothy grin.

"What's up, baby girl?" Dean smiles softly and lifts her up.

"Where papa?" She asks.

"Papa went bye bye." Dean reaches for his phone again, this time going to google maps. It's quite a drive from here to California. If he wants to get there he needs to leave now and haul ass.

He calls up Andrea and asks her to watch Mary for the rest of the weekend. She says yes. Dean quickly packs a bag for Mary and straps her into her car seat. He drives quickly to Andrea's house.

"Thank you so much, I will be back Sunday night. Sorry for the short notice." He says quickly, handing Mary off to her.

"It's alright," Andrea takes Mary with a soft smile. "Is everything alright?" She asks, noticing Dean's look of distress.

"Yeah, great." He nods. "If there's any problem call me first." He tells her.

"Okay," Andrea nods. "Say bye bye dada." She coos to Mary.

"Bye bye!" Mary waves.

"Bye, baby girl." Dean gives his daughter a kiss and zooms to the car. He puts the car in drive and peels out, making his way toward sunny California.

******

Cas stares at himself in the full body mirror before him. He looks good in the expensive three piece tux he's wearing. Crowley paid no mind to the price tags when making Cas choose tuxes.

It's black, made of the finest and softest  material. Cas never thought he would ever wear something this nice. It's by far the most expensive thing he's worn, hell, probably the most expensive thing he's ever touched.

"You look wonderful, perfect for tomorrow." Crowley nods with approval.

"It costs a lot." Cas murmurs, touching the price tag that has a lot of digits begone the dollar sign.

"Oh well, I have plenty of money to spend." Crowley waves him off. "Now change out of that, we must be going."

Cas steps into the dressing room. He changes into his clothes an meets Crowley out by the limo. They ride quietly to the hotel.

Once in his room he calls his husband.

"Hey, honeybee!" Dean answers on the first ring.

"Hi Dean." Hearing Dean's voice always seems to calm him, no matter what.

"How's Gabe's?" Dean asks.

"It's great, miss you and Mary though." Cas answers.

"We miss you too." Dean responds.

"Can I talk to her?" Cas asks.

"Actually, she just went down, but next time I'll let you talk to her." Dean says.

"Oh, okay. I guess I'll settle with talking to you." Cas jokes.

"Darn, now I gotta make you suffer." Dean chuckles. A soft clicking sound can be heard on Dean's end of the phone.

"What's that?" Cas asks.

"Oh, it's uh." Dean. Cas listens hard and I vaguely sounds as if Dean is driving.

"Are you in your car?" Cas questions.

"Not gonna lie, yeah, I am. I gave Mary a quick ride." Dean says.

"Oh, okay. Well, give her love for me. I'll see you Sunday. I love you." They say goodbye.

Cas lays there staring at the screen of his phone. Remembering a notification he got earlier, he goes to Youtube, wanting to watch Dean's new video.

The title, The French Mistake, it's about the possibility of alternate universes and what would happen if Dean went into them. Dean's voice washes over Cas as the video plays.

"Okay, but like, wouldn't it be cool if I hunted monsters. Like I feel like I would be pretty good at that, driving my baby, saving people, that would be pretty badass." Dean smirks.

"Cas of course would be an angel, my angel. And he would always be by my side."

He continues to talk and fantasize about completely unrealistic things. Cas falls asleep to his soothing voice