Chapter 30

Cas wakes up very late the next morning. He had been dreaming of Dean.  The only reason he is awake is because of a loud pounding at his room's door.

He pulls himself out of bed and in a zombie-like way, he shuffles toward the door. He swings it open to reveal Crowley with his fist raised, ready to knock again.

"Oh lovely, took you long enough." Crowley pushes into the room.

"Oh, sure come on in, it's not like I was just sleeping or anything." Cas grumbles.

"You've had enough sleep, you need to do homework." Crowley holds up a folder. He slaps it down on the table. "Sit."

Cas complies, sitting across from the other man. Crowley flips open the folder, revealing a photograph of a couple.

The woman has slightly curled red hair flowing down her back. She was on a flowing black gown, and she's in the arms of a man with dark brown hair and a dashing suit.

"These here are Abbadon and Dick Roman. Those are the people I'm after." Crowley points to them.

"They are ruthless and will do just about anything to get what they want." Crowley says in a warning tone. "And they will do anything to not get caught."

"What exactly am I supposed to be doing there?" Cas questions.

"You see, neither I nor my henchmen can go anywhere near them without them either running or fighting back. And honestly, I've lost a man or two, it's quite a hassle." Crowley sighs.

"People have died, and you're sending me in?" Cas exclaims.

"Only my people have died, only because Abbadon and Dick knew who they were." Crowley shrugs.

"I could get hurt, and you're just sending me in there?" Cas asks in a worried tone. "I have a family."

"Relax, there's a very slim chance anything will happen to you." Crowley rolls his eyes. "But to be extra safe," Crowley shows Cas another paper. "You are taking the identity of an aspiring actor, by the name of Misha Collins."

"Misha? What kind of name is that?" Cas frowns.

"A fake one. Now I suggest you read up on this stuff, memorize it, and you should do just fine." Crowley nods.

Cas' phone rings and he answers it.

"Cassie you will not believe what happened!" Gabriel exclaims before Cas can spit out a greeting.

"Gabe, this isn't the best of times right now." Cas murmurs.

"Oh no, don't mind me, carry on." Crowley says in a soft whisper. "Act like I'm not even here."

"Of course it's a good time." Gabriel continues. "Guess who's got a date with your brother-in-law!" Gabriel nearly shouts into the phone.

"You're going on a date with Sam?" Cas asks in surprise. Not that he doesn't think Gabriel couldn't get a date with him. It's just that Jess so recently broke up with Sam and he doesn't think Sam would be moving on so quickly.

"Well, it's not exactly a date. I just told him I'm going out for drinks tonight and I'm going alone. I invited him and he said yeah. But trust me, it will be a date by the end of the night I'll tell you what." Gabriel cheerfully speaks to his brother.

"Well that's great, Gabe. But do you even know if he is into guys, 'cause this may all be for nothing." Cas doesn't want his brother to get his hopes up for them to be crushed in the end.

"Oh trust me, I know." Gabriel responds. "Besides, no one can resist this, I'm too damn awesome."

"Okay, well good luck on trying to hook up with Dean's brother. I'll talk to you tomorrow, probably." Cas gulps, who knows what's going to happen tonight.

"Okay, be careful bro. Love ya." Gabriel says with sincerity.

"Yeah, you too." Cas puts his phone up.

"Great, now I'm heading to my room. If you're hungry order room service." Crowley glides out of the room.

Cas shuts off his phone, concentrating on the words before him.

******

It's around midday when Dean makes a quick stop to rest. He is only gonna give himself a half an hour of rest and he will continue on. He's made it through the night using coffee and an assortment of energy drinks.

His nap ends far too soon, but he goes back to driving. He dials up Cas' phone, but it goes straight to voicemail.

You've reached Castiel, I don't understand why I have to say anything else, Dean. Whatever, just leave a message.
*beep*

Dean can't help but smile at Cas' voicemail. Dean was trying to get him to say something cute but Cas obviously didn't want to. He kept the first try and hasn't changed it since.

"Hey, Honey Bee. I just wanted to call and see how you were doing. I miss you already. Take care and be safe. I love you so much." Dean ends the call. The road before him goes on. As he goes, the loud silence starts to drive him crazy. He flips on his music, blaring it as loud as he can. It is soothing to listen to classic rock on full blast.

It's even more soothing to know he's on his way to get his beautiful husband. Dean's gonna find Cas and take him back home to their daughter, where he belongs. And they're gonna live happily and with no more lies. Dean is sure of it.

Crowley better hope he isn't around when Dean finds Cas. Because if he is, Dean is going to do much more than deck him in the face. Cas has never lied like this before, and it's because of Crowley that it's happening. And it all stops tonight.