Chapter 22

The routine Cas established the last three months diminishes, Dean being back brings in a new routine. Things are back to normal, back before the terrible accident happened.

"Ow!" Dean exclaims, pulling his hand away from his daughter. "When did you get teeth?" He asks playfully.

"Aw, need me to kiss it and make it better?" Cas taunts as he enters the living room, dirty clothes basket in hand. He picks up the few clothes carelessly thrown on the floor.

"I know a place you can kiss, rhymes with your name." Dean smirks.

"Clever, did you think of that all on your own?" Cas grins, planting a kiss on Dean's cheek.

"Actually no, Charlie told me it." Dean grins.

"You are an absolute dork." Cas rolls his eyes.

"Hey. You married this dork, don't complain." Dean gives Cas a pointed look.

"Who said I was complaining. A man with a butt that good is a prized specimen." Cas slips him a wink.

"So I'm just a trophy wife to you?" Dean gasps dramatically.

"Oh, absolutely." Cas smiles. God he missed Dean's banter.

"Well, that really sucks, cause I thought you were the trophy wife." Dean stands. He wraps his arms around Cas.

"I've missed you so much." Cas sighs, leaning into his touch.

"I know, I won't leave again, I swear." Dean kisses him until they're both breathless.

"I have laundry to do, and you have a child to watch, mister." Cas smirks and steps out of Dean's arms.

"Yes ma'am." Dean tips an imaginary cowboy hat and Cas makes his way to the laundry closet.

"Alright, missy," Dean goes to turn his attention back to his daughter, but she is not there. "Where'd you go?" He glances around, but she is no where to be seen. He hears her giggling from the hall.

"Dammit." Dean grumbles and moves to find her.

The hall is empty of any tiny person.

"Mary, where are you?" Dean call softly.

"Dean, did you lose our daughter?" Cas calls.

"Of course not, she's right here!" Dean responds. He looks in the kitchen, no Mary. His recording room is shut and Cas' office is empty.

"Looking for this?" Cas asks. Dean turns to see Cas holding Mary on his hip.

"There you are!" Dean smiles. He takes Mary and plants a big kiss on her. She giggles.

"So she's right here is she?" Cas smirks.

"Now she is." Dean grins.

"You are ridiculous." Cas sighs but smiles fondly.

The doorbell rings, both men frown.

"Were you expecting anyone?" Cas asks.

"Nope," Dean shakes his head.

"I wan' a'ser door!" Mary exclaims. "Down daddy, down."

Dean moves down the hall, following his child. Mary looks at him expectantly when she gets to the door.

He peaks out and smiles, opening the door for Mary. Cas stands back.

"Hewwo!" Mary waves and beams. She rushes into the arms of Charlie.

"Hey sweetie!" Charlie picks her up.

"Lovely surprise," Dean greet her with a hug.

"Sorry I didn't call ahead, It was a spur of the moment thing." Charlie has an excited look in her eyes.

"Come in," Dean steps aside.

"Hey Charlie," Cas hugs his best friend, who is still holding Mary.

"Hey, how are things settling?" She asks.

"Great, it's as if everything is back to normal." Cas sighs happily.

"That's wonderful." Charlie grins.

"Is everything okay with you?" Cas asks. Charlie looks like she's ready to burst.

"Well. I have really great news." Charlie smiles widely. "Dorothy and I are getting married!" She shows him the beautiful diamond ring on her finger. She lets out an excited squeal.

"Oh my gosh, Charlie! That's amazing!" Cas and dean congratulate her.

Mary claps happily even though she doesn't know what's going on.

"I know, I was planning on asking her, but she beat me to it last night."

"Don't you think it's kinda early, you've only known each other for almost four months." Dean asks.

"I've never been more sure about something in my life. It feels like I've known her for ages." Charlie sighs.

"Well, we are very happy for you." Cas pats her arm.

"Cas, I wanted to ask," Charlie pauses. "Do you wanna be my Man of Honor?" She asks.

"Man of Honor?" Cas tilts his head.

"Instead of Maid of Honor, you'll me my Man of Honor." Charlie explains.

"Of course I will," Cas chuckles.

"Yay! That makes me so happy!" Charlie turns to the baby in her arms. "Aunty Charlie is getting married. You wanna be my flower girl?"

"You think she'll be able to?" Dean asks.

"Of course she will, we aren't having it right away. It will be months before it happens." Charlie gives Mary a big kiss on the cheek.

"Wow, so now I'm left out." Dean fake pouts.

"Of course not!" Charlie grins. "You have one of the most  important jobs! You are going to escort me down the isle. As my honorary brother." Charlie smiles.

"I'm honored, Charlie." Dean pulls her in for a hug.

"We are so happy for you," Cas grins. "We can't wait to be part of this wonderful occasion."

"I'm glad I have you guys to share this experience with me." Charlie's eyes water. "You're the only family I have, and now I'm bringing another person into our happy little family and I just." She starts crying.

"Woah, Charlie you okay?" Dean asks.

"I'm just so happy, so happy to have people who love me." She hugs Mary.

Dean and Cas share a look and with a single movement both hug Charlie.

"We love you Charlie," Cas murmurs.

"Yeah, greatest honorary sister I've got. The only one actually." Dean chuckles.

"Thank you guys, for always being there when I need you" Charlie wipes her tears and hands Mary to Cas.

"I gotta get going, I'll see you guys later." Charlie smiles and rads back towards the door. "Peace out, bitches." She does the Spock hand signal and retreats outside.

"She is one crazy girl." Dean sighs and shakes his head.

"She sure is." Cas sighs. "But we gotta love her, she's family."