Chapter 27

Cas wakes up to the sound of a buzzing phone. His phone is buzzing on the nightstand next to him. He disentangles himself from Dean and picks up his phone, not even bothering to check caller ID.

"Hello?" He grumbles, his eyes barely open.

"Hello, Castiel." A voice says on the other end. Cas' eyes snap open.

"How did you get my number?" Cas demands quietly, so that he doesn't wake Dean.

"Let's not worry about trivial things such as that." Crowley says in a flippant attitude.

"What do you want?" Cas ask. Dean shifts beside him. He stands and quietly pads out of the room.

"I just wanted to make sure our deal is still up?" Crowley speaks casually as if it's the most normal thing to call a person at two in the morning.

"You know damn well it is." Cas growls. As much as he hates it, he can't repay Crowley back.

"Perfect!" Crowley claps his hands. "Now, cancel all plans you made this weekend, because I need your assistance." Crowley demands.

"What am I supposed to tell Dean?" Cas groans.

"You're smart, figure it out." Crowley snaps. "Go get yourself some proper sleep, I need you looking your best come this Saturday night." Crowley hangs up with a click.

Cas stares at the phone in a daze. Fear grips him when he realizes he has no idea what he's about to do. He remembers Crowley saying he was needed for a party. Though that doesn't really give much if a hint as to what kind of party or what he's gonna have to do. He makes his way back to his room.

"Babe, where'd you go?" Dean grumbles in his groggy, half asleep voice.

"I uh, thought I heard Mary crying, but she's fine." Cas lays close to Dean.

"M'kay." Dean drifts back to sleep. For Cas it's another hour before he can fall asleep.

******
Friday Cas receives a text telling him to pack for the weekend and that a ride will pick him up at 6 sharp.

As soon as school ends Cas rushes home and goes strait to the bedroom. He throws his necessities into a bag.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Dean leans against the door, Mary on his hip.

"Oh I uh," Cas thinks quickly for a good excuse. "Gabe needs me to help him with a thing at his house, needs me for the whole weekend." Cas shrugs and continues to puts stiff into his duffle bag.

"You weren't gonna run this by me? At least let me know where you were going ?" Dean frowns.

"Sorry, it completely slipped my mind." Cas huffs.

"Babe, are you okay?" Dean asks in concern.

"Yes, of course, why do you keep asking that?" Cas snaps. He didn't mean to, he's just so stressed and tired.

"No reason, have fun at your brother's." Dean turns on his heel and walks down the hall. Cas finishes packing and checks his watch. He has twenty minutes till he is to leave.

He waits patiently until it hits six. He finds Dean in the living room, blankly staring at the tv.

"Bye Dean, I'll see you later." Cas kisses him and walks out the front door. Waiting in the street is a black car with tinted windows.

The door swings open, revealing a dark interior. He slides in cautiously.

"Hello, Mr. Winchester," a man nods, sitting at the far end. "Crowley will meet us at the airport." He says to Cas.

Cas attempts to find out more information, but the man stays silent. They ride in silence for a bit.

Cas' phone starts buzzing in his pocket. He quickly pulls it out. Caller ID says it's Gabe calling.

"Hello?" Cas answers.

"Wanna tell me why Ol' Dean-o is calling and why I lied to save your ass?" Gabriel inquires.

"I-" Cas sighs. "I told Dean I was to be staying with you for the weekend." Cas murmurs.

"And why on earth does your own husband not trust you, it's not like you are doing anything to betray him?" Gabriel asks, his voice coated in sarcasm.

"I have to deal with my problems, and Dean just won't understand." Cas sighs.

"Well, that's how you deal with your things, just be careful Cassie." Gabe murmurs ini the phone. "Please take care of yourself."

"I will try." Cas sighs.

"Oh, by the way, I hear Sammy-boy is single again, this true?" Gabe inquires.

"Oh god," Cas groans. "Go ask him yourself." He taps the screen, hanging up on his brother.

******

Dean watches out the window as Cas slips into an black vehicle he doesn't recognize. None of this is making any sense. Gabriel wouldn't just randomly ask Cas over like this. And Cas surely wouldn't be so secretive and jumpy. Something is up, something not good.

When the car pulls away Dean quickly pulls out his phone and dials up Gabriel.

"Hello, oh brother-in-law of mine, what brings you to call me on this fine day?" Gabriel answers cheerfully.

"Hey, I was just wondering what you and Cas have planned for the weekend?" Dean innocently asks.

"Me and Cas?" Gabriel murmurs. Yup, seems fishy.

"Yeah, Cas said you needed help with something. Must not have been to important though he completely forgot to tell me." Dean falsely chuckles.

"Oh, right yeah, I have kinda a personal thing, you know, only a thing a brother can help with." Gabriel says smoothly.

"Of course!" Dean laughs lightly. Though he's starting to feel a bit off about this all.

"Yeah, he should be here soon I'm sure." Gabe responds.

"You didn't pick him up?" Dean inquires.

"No, I was busy, had a friend do it, didn't want him to waste his gas you know." Gabriel responds quickly. "I gotta go, get things for dinner. Tell Sam I said hey." He hangs up quickly.

"What the hell is going on?" Dean murmurs.

He isn't sure what's happening and he needs to know. He's worried Cas is doing something he shouldn't be. Dean just hopes beyond anything that he doesn't do something that is going to hurt himself or the family.