chapter one : Chaos Hazel's story

~water swooshing back and forth from the ocean in the background~    

     My father Mathis normally goes into the woods to collect food for the family, along with the other Rayon men. The Rayon woman help each other cook and clean in their houses while the children play out in the field. Today is just like any other day the skies are beautiful and the water is cool. Moon had this idea that we should talk to mother about walking to the beach and play, and by “we” she meant “me” because mother couldn’t resist saying no to her youngest child. I ran inside the house and tried to convince my mother if going to the beach was okay. She hesitated for a minute and allowed me to play in the beach just as long as Moon was there to protect me. Moon and I played there for a bit and then began to splash each other in the face. Meanwhile my father grabs fruits from the ground when he felt the floor quaking, he titled his head up and noticed the sky was turn dark red and black. That was not a good sign at all because when the sky doesn’t turn anything but dark red and black it meant that Evil was approaching. Father dropped everything and ran into the country side to warn everyone. Moon and I were still playing in the water until Moon noticed the commotion in the country side and then noticed the sky was not a normal color. We both ran out there to see what was happening. Everyone is scattered around running in circles. I tried to yell out to my parents but the loud screams from the tribe drained my cries out. I held on tight to Moon’s hand as we tried to find mother and father. All of a sudden an eerie thing happened; the Rayon tribes were attacked by the West side of Ezea. It was a gruesome sight because many of them ate parts of their bodies, blood splatted everywhere, and they started to die. Everything was happening to fast; it was hard to keep up. Father tried to run towards us but he was too late, the West got him and murdered him in front of me and Moon. We tried to go to the house where mother was waiting for us and quickly locked the doors and hid in the cellar until it was over. I hid in the corner in sadness and cried. All I kept thinking was were immortal, were not supposed to die but another part of me thought he will wake up. I wiped my tears and tried to calm myself.

                Then everything was quiet. Nobody said a word to anyone; we just sat in the darkness in confusion. We can still hear noises in the background coming from outside. I whispered in my mother’s ear asking her what is going on, but she did not answer, she teared up. When I held her hand I can feel her hands sweating. The three of us just sat there until there was silence. We all thought it was over until we heard thumbing sounds above us. I knew that they were going to find us. My mother told me and Moon to quickly hide in the far part of the cellar. The coner was only big enough to hold two people. I didn’t have the heart to leave my mother but I had to obey her. Moon stayed with my mom ignoring her orders. Mother kept saying she has to protect me but Moon felt she had to protect mother more. Immediately the West side crashed through the floor and into the cellar where my sister was holding my mom tight; I was in the far back. One of them looked at my mother in a sinister glare, harshly grabbed moon on her arm, yanked her off my mother, threw her aside, removed Moon and sliced my mother in pieces killing her. They captured Moon and said to her “there’s a place for you to call home”. They picked her up from the ground, wrapped her in their arms and flew off. She was captured and taken out of her tribe. The last thing I knew she was gone. I was in the house by myself waiting for them to leave for good. After six hours of waiting I finally had the courage to go outside. When I step out the first thing I asked myself was am I in hell? Everyone was lifeless on the ground and cut in pieces and everything was dark and depressing. There was mixed emotions going on, Sadness, Anger, and confusion all wrapped into one ball. I searched around to see if there were any survivors, but there were none. Suddenly I heard a cry for help on the opposite side of the hill. I ran as fast as I could to follow the voice. The cry was closer and closer, until I saw a tree on top of a spider demon. I tried pushing the log off of him but it too heavy so I decided to pull him out as hard as I can. I grabbed some water and poured it on his legs and then pulled him out to safety. Three of his legs looked broken, so I had him put his arms around me and I walked him over to my home and treated him. He was unconscious but I let him rest on the couch until he woke up. Moments later his eyes opened slowly. He quickly turned his head as he noticed where he was. He was frightened and hysterical and asked me “where am I and where’s my wife!” He kept asking me the same question; all I could say was “I don’t know?” He glanced at the blood splatted on his shirt and started to cry. He came to the realization that his wife was murdered. I stroke his arm to console him and as I looked at his eyes, he began to cry as did I because I too knew the pain of losing a love one. I was eight years old and an orphan, my sister was nowhere to be found and my parents were mysteriously dead. I asked him a bunch of questions because I felt that he might have an idea.

                I turned to him and said “I was hoping you would tell me… what’s happening”. He didn’t have much to say, all he kept saying was “Ioh…Ioh…Ioh…” I began to think that he was in a hypnotic state, but he opened up and told me a sprit from the West part of Ezea name Ioh is the leader there. He begins telling me “years ago before Ezea was created by your grandfather, he and Ioh along with everyone from the West lived in harmony with the East. Ioh didn’t have kindness just a heart of hate, and jealousy. He really wanted to have power. He began to tempt people to follow wrong doings, stealing, fighting. Eventually it excelled to destruction, fires and floods. He convinced people that their life would be prosperous if they followed in his footsteps. Your grandfather was in a war where he kept evil in the distant part of the land and built them apart. He seems to be seeking revenge towards the Rayon tribe because of your grandfather, how he was able to kill immortal is quite surprising”. I started to cry because I did not know what to say.

                He asked me what my name was and I told him it was Hazel. His name was Oleo. Oleo was very wise. He told me different stories about Ezea that calmed me down. He told me that there was a human girl that stepped foot in Ezea and fought to protect us her name was Heather. She was a warrior, but after a battle she faced with Ioh, she painfully lost her life. She was only sixteen and passed away. She was reported missing and a month later buried in the mortal world. The mortaIs saw her death as unknown. I asked a question, one Oleo would never forget. “Will there ever be another warrior to protect us and where is my sister”? All he could say was “I don’t know, but I hope we would find her.” He held my hand and promised to take care of me.