Chapter thirteen: Truth

During lunch time Jayden walked to the house and opened the door. She heard Stacy walking down the hall and Jayden hid in the closet until she went into her office. The student’s was not allowed to go to the house during school hours because that counts as skipping class. She heard the sound of the door close and Jayden walked up the stairs. She gets a text message from Nelson saying. “Where r u?” Jayden quickly walked up the attic and shut the door behind her. She then called out Nelson’s name in a whispered tone. “Nelson...Nelson….” he responded. “ Jayden, I’m over here.”I walked towards him where I was able to see him. We walked to the center of the of the attic and sat on flipped over milk crates. “So tell me…” He said, “Why did you ask me to meet you here?” I started to tell him. “It’s complicated, but I’m going to tell you any way. The reason why I called you here is because”, I started to get nervous. “It’s because I know something about Izzy’s disappearance.”  Nelson was shocked when I told him. “really?” I nodded my head. “So then why did you keep that a secret because there are people that are thinking she might be dead.” I continued to tell him, “ I don’t know where she is, I just know why she’s missing.” Nelson sat and listened. “Okay… so why is she missing?”

            I told her, “remember on the first week I came to this school and there was that morning when I left.” Nelson answered, “yeah…?” She continued, “I ran away into the woods knowing that it was restricted, and I only went out there because I was going through a lot. I felt like I was losing everything, the house I lived in Chicago was gone, my dad not having a big part in my life, my mom remarried to our principal, I moved away from my best friend Ameille and my dancing dreams was over. Being in the maple house didn’t help and neither did being with my family. When I walked there, I was attacked by a bear.” Nelson was shocked. “like a grizzly bear?!” I responded, “yeah…” He said,“Damn… so what happened.” I continued my story, “ I ran away from it and it clawed my back, I rolled into a hole that was in a tree and  when I fell in that hole, the most bizzare thing happened. I entered into a mystical world like a whole new demention and I swear to you I thought I was in alice in wonderland because it seemed just like that.” Nelson was confused again, “I still don’t know what your talking about.”

            “This land had faries, and giants, and demons and everything magical you would see in a story book it was there, it was so real and there was this demon name Ioh, who’s a spirt and he threatened to kill me, he told me if I enter Ezea again he will kill me. I think he murdered Izzy’s friends and he’s possessing Izzy’s body. He’s been in my dreams…” Nelson looks at her, “stop it! Look if this is your idea of a joke jayden, it’s not funny.” Jayden looked at him, “ Dude does it look like I’m laughing, I’m terrified for my life! I know this is crazy but I swear on everything that is good I’m not making this up.” Nelson walks up to me, “ you are standing there telling me that there is some mystical world out their and that a demon killed four teenagers you heard the news reporters it could’ve been a bear attack.

            “But you also heard the mother’s side, it’s an urban area, what bear is going to enter someone’s house in an urban area like seriously!” Nelson rubbed his eyes, “You probably dreamt it, you said you had a bear scratch on your back, let me see it.” Jayden looked at him and said, “Ioh got rid of it because he didn’t want me to have any proof of Ezea.” Tears started to run down my face. “You don’t believe me don’t you.” Nelson couldn’t stand to see Jayden cry. “I want to believe you but it just doesn’t seem real because it’s not. You probably hit your head on something and…” I cut him off. “just forget you! This is exactly why I didn’t want to tell you!” and she storms out the door and into the back door.

            Jayden ran into the campus and Nelson chased her. “Jayden stop…!” He grabbed onto her arm and stopped her. “Jayden…listen to me. You have to stop.” Jayden was still crying, “Oh my god stop what!” Nelson continued, “this…running away from everything and everyone. Your not the only whose going through shit and I know this isn’t about me not believing you it’s about your life.” She snapped, “Piss off! You don’t know anything about me or what I’m going through so if you knew what’s good for you, you would shut the hell up!” Nelson jumped in, “you have a life that some teenagers want!” You have a freaken family, your mother, your father, your step dad your brother, a lot of friends that like you for you!” My mom’s dead! I barley remember my dad! And the majority of people I hang out with are extremely shallow. I’ve been through a lot and you’re the one feeling sorry for yourself!”

            Jayden, stared at him. Nelson said, “I’m sorry I don’t know where that came from. I’m just going to walk to class.”Jayden stood there and watched him go. She wiped off her tears and walked to class. Later at night, Nelson and Wyatt are both chilling while Wyatt are playing the guitar. Jayden knocks at the door, “Hi wyatt, can I talk to Nelson in private?” I asked. Wyatt stops playing “you always gotta talk to him about something.” Wyatt walks out with his guitar. “Just for the record I’m playing in your room.”

            Jayden walked in. “what do you want?” Nelson asked. “to show you that there is an Ezea.” Nelson rolls his eyes, “where still on that there’s nothing out there!” Jayden said, “yes there is! I can prove it!” Nelson looked her skeptical. “How?” he asked. “Midnight tonight when everyone is asleep, you and I are going to sneak out and go into the woods where your going to look stupid.” Said Jayden. Nelson stood up, “are you trying to get expelled? Cus that’s what’s gonna happen if we get caught.” Jayden rolled her eyes, that’s why it’s in the middle of the night. Nelson paused for a second. “Why is this so important for you to prove me wrong?” said Nelson. Jayden laughed, “So I don’t look dumb.”

            Nelson laughs, “okay just for you though… come here.” He reaches over to hug Jayden and ends up tackling her. “I got to get going, text ya tonight.” Jayden said. She walks out the door.