Chapter twenty-eight: home but trouble

The kids see the police tape and a little confused as to why it was there but it didn't take them that long to figure it out that it was for them. The forest was tightly gated that there was no where left to go so they did the only surivival tatic that they could think of and that was scream all i unison to grab somone;s attention until a man who was on a hike saw the teenagers and immediately called the authorities for help. Ten minutes later the police came and they were breaking off the wires to not let the gate electricute them. They saw a hole through it and they all walked out but were escorted by the police where they were then sent to the police station in downtown toronto. While they drove in the car they saw that the maple house was burnt down and the school was completely deserted. There was not a single person in sight. "what happened here." Jaiyden asked breaking the silence of nothing but a police radio.

       There was a fire that occurred and it left alot of kids dead including stacy. Jaiyden, Nelson Wyatt and Izzy all said together. "Stacy's dead?!" The officer continued to explain. They will be shutting down the school for the rest of the year and it will open next fall. They sat in the back in silence. Nelson then added bad news for Izzy. "and your friends are dead." Nelson said serously. "Now I know your bullshitting." Izzy said. Jaiyden jumped in. "no he's not." Izzy then said, you mean Cyan, Matt..." she was cut short and they all said yes in unison. "This is all your fault." Izzy snapped at Jaiyden. When they arrived to the police station they were each questioned by the police. It was Jaiyden's turn first. "I was a new student and I was upset and overwhelemed that I didn't fit in and things at home were not that great." The police then asked. "what kind of things." Jaiyden then responded. "We agrued over disagreement with how we want our life to be and I went into the woods to find tranquility and peace but I walked deep to a point I got lost and my friends sensed something was wrong and decided to find me. We ended up getting lost and i guess made it our way here. 

     The look on the police officers face did not look like he was convienced by Jaiyden's story. The officer stood up and then turned to Jaiyden. "We saw your foot prints but it lead to a tree and then the footprints disappeared how do you explain that." Jaiyden then shrugged her shoulders. "The rain must of washed it away." the cop laughed repeated what she said and then turned back again. " Are you aware that if you are convicted you will be charged for arson, murder, and indangering yourself as a runaway?" Jaiyden was shocked. "Excuse me?! I didn't do anything!" The fire started a few hours after you and your friends lefted and there was no sign of footprints beyond the tree." The officer said. "I didn't do anything, I mean hello I'm a fifteen year old girl and I hate school that's a fact but I don't think I would go through that much of an extreme to burn down a school like seriously this is completley crazy." The officers then said. "are end doesn't see it that way." Jaiyden then made a smart remark. "then maybe your end doesn't see at all." The officer started to lose patience. "Watch your mouth little girl!" I then got quiet. "Can I please just go.' Jaiyden asked. The officer showed her the door and she walked out. 

      Meanwhile Izzy was interogated and so were the others but they reply and react similar to how Jaiyden reacted. They were shocked and confused. An hour later they met their families who were happy to see them but when they all walked out they saw cameras and reporters in front of the station. "no comment" Jim said. They took Jaiyden into the car and drove to the house. When she enters the house, she sees her father just standing their along with her brother. Her brother runs in her arms and hugs her. "I missed you, where did you go? mom was crying every night thinking she wouldn't find you." Taylor said. "Jaiyden, tired sweety why don't you go watch television."he ran upstairs. Her dad hugs Jaiyden tight not letting her go " i love you honey ." her father said. "it's good to be home.