Chapter twenty-four: Where are they?

Back in Toronto, it has been almost a month since Jaiyden has been missing. Jaiyden's mom Janet, Jim, Taylor, and Sanjay, (jaiyden and Taylor's biological father who flew from India after discovering the disappearance of his daughter along with the victims parents are down town trying to get the word out by passing flyers. Jim then goes on a podium as over a hundred thousand people gather around to listen to Jim. "Ladies and Gentleman, as I stand before you I would like to thank you all for taking the time to coming down to support the effort we are trying to make to find our children. Are kids have been missing for a whole month and I am not willing to give up we all as parents as a community are all sticking together. Our prayers go out to parents and loved ones who lost someone very close to them in the fire. To conclude my speech I want us all to light a candle and have a moment of silence. Everyone walks over to the fire pit and lights a candle and raises it up to the sky as they sing the song in unison "Hallelujah" Many parents are in the audience sobbing. Tabithya, Nelson's ex-girlfriend has tears running down her face and has stains of black eye liner.

       As th vigil was over, people came to the Ivory house hold for refreshments along with the mayor, classmates, Teachers, family and friends. Stacy's fiancee came up to Jim to speak to him. "hi Jim..." Stacy's financee Allen said. Jim turn to him, " Hello, thank you for coming." Jim said. Allen continued, "you may not know me but I was Stacy's fiancee, she was the House Director of the Maple house before she died." Jim couldn't think of the words to say but showed affection by hugging him. "I need a moment." Jim ran through the crowd in the living room and ran up the stairs. Janet follows him upstairs. Jim goes on the floor and sobs and Janet slowly enters the room and close the door behind her while Jim lays in the dark with nothing but light from the window shiny at him. 

      "Those parents trusted me with with their kids! those kids had dreams, I'm the reason why they won't see their kids go to prom or graduate, or go off to college or even get married and live their lives. Most of them were barley sixteen. If anything happens to Jaiyden or the rest of the kids I will never forgive myself. I took this job because I wanted to help these kids and I ended up hurting them, I feel like a murder." Jim sadly said to his wife. Janet laid her hand on jim. "jim, it is perfectly natural to feel this way, but you can't keep putting the hurt on yourself like this, that fire was an accident, this could of happened to anyone, there was nothing anyone of us could've done. You were the new principal and everything happened so fast. All we can do is pray and hope Jaiyden come home alive. That is all anyone can do." Janet said with confort. Just then there was a knock on the door. 

       "we need alone time please..." Janet said behind the door but Sanjay opened the door. "I'm sorry to interupt but the police are here to see us, there at the front porch. Jim and Janet stands up and walks down stairs through the pool of people and outside the porch. "Hi is everything okay?  Janet asked. We may have a lead to where your daughter may be. Is there a private place to speak about the matter? " The officer said. "Lets go downstairs to the basement." They all walk down the stairs and the four of them all sit down in a round table. "Okay,so here's the thing, there is a resisticted site behind the school your daughter attended and it is mainly woods, We found blood stains on the bar and had our medical examiner detect the blood and it matched Jaiyden's." Janet started to get scared. "blood?" Janet asked as she holds on to her husbands hand tight. "Yes, but as we continued to search the woods deeper, there were footsteps but ended at a tree, we believed she could have possibly climbed the tree to get away from something since there are alot wildlife there but no signs she went anywhere else. 

        Sanjay started to get annoyed, "so that's it that's all you got!" He yelled the police got him to calm down. "Sir we are doing our best." Janet then junped in and asked. "why was Jaiyden in the woods to begin with if it was restricted?"  We don't know honestly, but as I said we are doing the best we can and there was no security cameras that was able to detect it because the footage have been erased, that is all we have right now. They all stand up and shake the officers hand, "I will walk you outside, Janet said and she walks the officer out the door.