Fairy tale

I know it's short but at least it's something! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I was in the true forest, unbound by roads or houses full of people, in the safety of the trees, I ran faster, taking longer strides.

For one half second, I remembered the awful moment of Kol's joke. I'd been so insane with fury that I couldn't make my body work right. I'd been trapped, shaking and burning. It had been so confusing.

I ran away from them, trying very hard no to think about what was next. I concentrated my memories of the long witch months, letting the humanity bleed out of me until I was more animal than a human.

Simple desires, the pain of hunger, the pain of cold ice under my paws.

It was nothing like being in my human form.

I wondered how long it would take them to find me. I wasn't going to worry about it. I would go as fast as I could, and if they caught me, I'd deal with it.

I didn't look behind me, I started to think about what exactly I was going to do now. I slowed down, taking the twist through the trees more carefully.

I took a deep breath and went to the Damon's. I knew he would hear me coming, he would hear the sound of my paws as soon as I was close enough but he wouldn't think it's me. A moment of surprise.

The drive opened up into the meadow. I wasn't sure what to expect, there was no sign of life around the big house. But I could hear tense, angry murmurs from the other side of the door.

Someone was home. I heard a voice and I smiled, happy to think that I was just a few meters away from him.

The door opened before my first step closer and someone stood in the frame.

„Hello, Alexandra.“ Nybbas said, calmer that I would have expected. „How are you?“

It was weird to look in his face. He was different and I stared at him.

„It's nice too see you.“

I wish I could say the same...

„I haven't met with you in your wolf form. It's quite... impressive.“ he smiled.

Where is Damon? I wanted to ask him but all I could do was a load growl.

„Don't worry, your boyfriend is not here.“ he walked over to me. „I think it's time you and I have a little chat.“ he said as I stared at him with my wolf eyes.

„You know... I wasn't sure if you could do that. But you could. And you did. And then I was curious how could you know all this stuff about me, about Purgatory. You're probably little too old for fairy tales but this one is special.“

I was terrified but I did my best not to show it.

What I'm supposed to do. Run away? Fight with him? Can I beat him? I don't even know what he is.

„Once upon a time there was a witch named Moira.“

And now he had all my attention.

„She was born a witch, just like her mother and her mother and her. She had a long, quite happy life, she had friends, she had family, but she still felt empty. She wanted to find the love of her life and she did.

Thane was an interesting man, strong and beautiful so she felt in love with him easily.

But one sad, full moon night she found out who he was. What he was. He killed a few hunters and even after this she loved him so much that she wanted to protect him.

There was a prominent family of hunters, they only hunted werewolves who did harm to humans as long as there was proof. It was their Code.

She lost her only love and she wanted him back so badly, she was determined to do whatever it took. She did the worst thing, she killed someone and her pure soul became evil. As the first witch ever she came to Purgatory to find his soul And she did find him.

But everything has it's own price. You didn't lose your life in Purgatory, but you lost the most precious thing you had. Your magic.“