Ego and the brain 1

Part 1! Enjoy. Comment!!

--------------------------

" Mom why are you and dad leaving for four days?" I pleaded. Yes I know it's an odd question, its every teenagers dream to have their parents leave, but not when you're a social outcast and your brother just wants to finally fit in.

" Lorena, listen, don't do this to me, don't make me feel guilty. We are going to Napa with your grandma for her birthday. Plus your older cousin, Sam, will be here. You guys will have so much fun, remember I love you." she replied back. Ugh, seriously, it's cute how she thinks my cousin is actually going to watch over us.

" Will you stay if I banged my head on the corner of the table?" I asked, smiling as wide as I could.

" Oh Lorena, what would I do without your humor?" she quietly giggled.

" Your life would be shortened by hundreds of years, I love you mom," I said, pulling her into a tight squeeze, and with that my parents and sanity left.

"My name is Lorena Marvel and I am fourteen, in my first year of high school. You asked in the question above if I like it, well my answer is simply no. You also asked me to check what type of person I was, well what if I wasn't a jock, or nerd, or goody-goody, or criminal? I suggest in the next survey you make me take home and participate in, you have an "other" box because I am neither any of those things, I am Lorena. Lorena is dedicated to school, loves the eighties, writes, goofs around, keeps to herself, expresses herself, and doesn't fit into a stereotype, that's what high school is to people but it shouldn't be. You want us to succeed right? You want us to be scholars, correct? So why have this survey? Well let me leave you at this, what were you?

Love, Lorena Marvel,"

And send, I finally did that stupid school survey they needed. I was in the middle of admiring my work, when my phone buzzed.

" Hey I'm gonna be home late, I'm going to go to the library, then I have a party- Sam" typical, she won't be home till three probably, anyways I have tons of homework so it doesn't matter. I looked at my phone and got another message, it was from my best friend, Mary.

" Want to hangout?" she typed. In all honesty, I didn't, maybe it was because I knew the only reason was because all of her friends were busy.

" I'm sorry, I can't, my parents are gone and I have homework." Truthfully I didn't think she was going to text back, but she did.

"Listen, I know that's a load of crap, I'm coming. "

" Mary it's not a load, I'm serious I can't this weekend." This is the only thing I like about texting, that you can't show emotion. The next thing I received was a phone call from Sam.

" Hey are you okay?" She asked cautiously.

" Yeah why?" I asked curiously.

" Because your mom said that Mary called and asked if she could hangout, she panicked and said yes," she said. Great, just great I thought. A knock on the door stopped the silence between our phone call, thank gosh.