SAD SODAPOP PART 2

---- a few years later----

My boys are now seven with Pony's dreams and love for sunsets. We don't go a single night without watching one. Pony and I are closer than ever, it's real fun raising two boys with my best friend most of the time we don't know what we are doing but we find a way.

" Mommy, Daddy it my birthday in seven days," chandler mumbled.

" mommy guess what it's also my birthday in seven days," Kyle declared.

" yeah, it is, I'm so excited!"

---- Birthday-----

"You look great ki," Pony said.

" should we put the boys in black converse today?" He said.

" yeah!! What if you and I wear them too, it'll look so cute," I said putting on my jean jacket.

" aye aye captain," I laughed.

" It's our birthday momma!!," they said nsync with each other. I nodded then walked away to get the boys a drum and when I came back, what I saw melted my heart, it was Pony with the boys, he's so good with them, he treats them like his own, he even gives them the same hair style. Pony took the grease and combed it into Chandlers hair and next into Kyles, they loved it. All they kept doing was looking into the mirror and making noises and holding two guns made up of their hands, including Pony. I laughed and they saw, I guess pony taught them to smirk because that's what they all did. Pony gave me a little wink and we were off to their party in the park. When we go there I was surprised to see a man that was once familiar to me, Soda.

I froze, I became broken.pony stepped in front of me.

" Sodapop what are you doing here?"

" I'm here to see Mrs. Curtis," he replied, hopeful that I would smile at the name he called me, but he was wrong.

" Are you serious? First you do want to take responsibility that you're the father then you leave and find someone new and you wait years to come back, why now?" Pony said being protective.

"Yes I'm serious, I want this now, Sandy and I broke up," he said. I hated that he said he came back because he broke up with a girl named Sandy, but it's a start. Pony looked back and saw that it effected me and he came over to me and took my hand and rubbed circles around my palm. Soda looked down and saw our hands interlocked then shifted his eyes to the kids, they looked like Pony.

Soda did this odd chuckle laugh that was full of malice," are you two, are you two together?" He said clearing his voice.

" No, we are not together," Pony said.

" it's just Pony and I are best friends, when you left he stepped in to be their father," I said looking straight into his eyes.

" hmm well can I stay for the party?" He asked. Before Pony could say no, I said yes.

" just because I said yes, doesn't mean we will go back to being happily married you're gonna have to work your way up."

" I understand,"

" want to go for a coke Saturday?"

" sure sodapop," with that the party started to evolve and the song " dance with me" played and we swayed, this time no dramatic material in the way, it felt like we were the only two people in the world. In that moment I realized it's going to be okay, and sure enough it was.