5.5 | Valentine's Day AU

"This is ridiculous..." Eyeing yourself in the body mirror, you felt your lips purse as your nose scrunched up, "Why in the galaxy... How in the galaxy do they have time to throw a damned Valentines Day ball?" You questioned, speaking into thin air as you tugged at the straps of the white dress you had been wearing.

The dress wasn't the problem, nor was the red lipstick and matching heels, the problem was you weren't a fan of attending such massive gatherings. "All they ever do is talk politics... how am I supposed to enjoy myself when the topic is as dull as the ground underneath?" Blowing a strand of hair away from your face, you let out a deep sigh while placing your hands on your hips. "Might as well get this over with..."

All you really wanted to do was go in and out—say your hellos, steal some food (and maybe something to drink) then dash off. You knew your parents wouldn't hold you back as they would be too busy talking to the Solo's (as usual) and your brother would be off with his soon-to-be fiance... which left you alone with your own mind.

Your own mind, that wasn't too bad, now was it? The thought made you smile, only recently—a couple of years back—was when you had began the process of 'developing' your soul mates voice to narrate your thoughts.

Honestly, you preferred to be left alone with your thoughts... as strange as that sounds. In reality, who ever really liked being alone with their own mind? You did. Because even though your thoughts weren't always so dandy for your teen self, they were your way to escape... a way to find tranquility with the lovely voice that narrated your thoughts.

Making your way out of the bathroom, you aimed for the halls main entrance. At this moment, you wished you were walking to your bedrooms door rather than one of the many Resistance's great halls. "In and out, Y/N, it's in and out... don't lose your mind over this. Maybe a couple of your friends will be there, maybe some family... maybe him..." Feeling a blush burn at your cheeks, you shook your head at your spoken thoughts, you knew there was no good in being with, let alone, thinking about the person when your parent's clearly stated to stay away.

Funny thing was, you never questioned your warnings, you always assumed they warned you to keep a good distance from the boy solely because he was a bit (about four years or so) older and there was no good in talking to 'older' boys. But your heart liked to think other wise.

You din't love him, you had never even heard him speak before—maybe a few times when your family gathered with his parents for dinner—but he was never around, he was always off training with his uncle, Luke. So there was no way you loved him.

Maybe it was a small crush? You were quite fond of him, he was, after all, a Jedi—and quite the impressive one if you had to admit. Here and there, you had seen him wield his lightsaber around out of sheer boredom when he was left alone around the Resistance base, so (of course) your curious mind always had moved your feet to wherever he was just to watch him practice.

Admiration. You simply admired the man for how swift and graceful he was with the weapon. It literally made your eyes turn into hearts at how amazing the sight was. But, of course, you kept your distance and gazed from afar, because the stars know how your parents would react if they had seen you fooling around, trying to watch the young man in his natural habitat.

Coming to a complete stop in front of the grand double doors, you felt your body slouch forward as your forehead leaned against the metal material. "Do I really have to?" You mumbled to yourself, contemplating whether or not you should ditch and come up with a lie as to why you didn't show up.

But a boost of courage struck in you as you realized he may be there. "I really have to." Nodding, you straightened your back, both hands clutching on to the door handles as you took in yet another deep breath. "Let's get the party over with," Shoving the doors open, you were immediately presented by hordes upon hordes of Resistance members having a good time.