15 | Reconnection

The burning and stinging sensation in your hip was suddenly absent, the bright red flare that instantly disappeared from Viktor's abdomen allowed his body to come crashing down onto the ground beneath you; an abrupt jolt was sent through your body as the collision echoed throughout the hall.

You weren't sure as to when you had finally gotten the necessary rest you needed, because this had to have been some sort of dream—nightmare.

Looking up from the fallen body, your eyes slowly shifted up to meet those of your savior, breath getting caught in your throat from the sight of the face you were now looking at. This had to be a dream.

But you knew, you knew this was nothing fictional, this was real and he was standing right in front of you... how?

Blinking, as if what you had been seeing was a figment of your imagination, you wanted to reach out to feel that this was real, but the aching pain in your hip thought otherwise.

About to reach over to the figure towering in front of you, you felt your knees give out, body nearly colliding with that of the floor, only to fall into a pair of arms.

Gently laying your hands on the lightly heaving chest, you looked up into the pair of—although in dull lighting—recognizable eyes, instantly feeling your bottom lip quiver as the ends of your lips twitched from wanting to frown and wanting to smile.

Lunging forward and wrapping your arms around his neck ever so tightly, you were almost afraid you were going to choke him with how narrow your grip was. Even though your hip had been burning from the sudden movement, you bit through the pain, cheerfully sobbing as you realized this was real.

"B-Ben!" You cried out, feeling your breathing hitch with every word as your hands clutched onto the material on his back.

Feeling your knees, along with his, collide with the ground, you buried your head into the crook of his neck.

He was confused, of course he was, he just came back from the dead. But that wasn't as confusing as to how you were holding onto him for dear life.

Sure, he remembered how you didn't want him to die, but he did not expect this. He thought you were just being... nice? Not as if you actually cared about him dying.

But by the way you looked, the way you wailed out, and the way you clutched onto him as if you never wanted to let go, he knew you did care. It made his heart shake from happiness, he never expected you to feel this way towards him, especially under these circumstances.

Then the whole event replayed in his mind, and he only felt himself shiver. You were dying, you looked as if you were on the brink of death, and yet, here you were, somehow still alive. Of course, you were severely injured and probably still having a few problems with your sleep, eating, and hydration... but you were still breathing. You were strong and he admired that.

But then he realized it was his fault—or so he believed. If it wasn't for him somehow driving you away, let alone, bringing you onto the First Order base, you wouldn't be in this predicament. That's when he stiffened up and you felt it but preferred not to acknowledge it.

Instead, you did what your heart desired—and that threw him completely off.

Leaning back just enough, you crashed your lips against his own, feeling your heart flutter up to your throat as your own eyebrows raised from the sudden movement.

Whatever had overcome you to make such drastic decision nearly paralyzed you, yet, it made you feel alive.

Your heart raced with such ecstasy, as if this had been the exact feeling your soul had craved for so long. Your whole body tingled with delight, the bliss of mouth to mouth contact made your anxious being feel at ease.