Epilogue

The battle between the First Order and the Resistance still raged on, although it was a rather weak one now that they had lost their commander and supreme leader, the general tried everything in his power to continue the organizations legacy.

The more battles that appeared, the less First Order men survived. Their general swore he'd go down with the last man standing on his side of the war. After all, he had nothing else but the Order.

The Resistance had gained much more help, more planets and governments had decided to restore the New Republic if that meant there'd be some peace in the galaxy.

Although they had lost many of their soldiers, they still had hope.

The hope Leia promised to never let go of.

Although she had lost her husband and—in a sense—her son, she fought on. She had her own family on D'Qar with the Resistance.

Rey, Finn and Poe were closer to her than ever and Luke vowed to never go into exile or disappear for a lengthy amount of time ever again.

In the end, he was all she truly had left and he couldn't possibly leave his twins side. Not after all they've accomplished and how far they've come. Their parents would've wanted this. For them to stick together.

Rey had grown exceedingly more powerful with the Force and ended up having her own padawan that ended up being one of the Resistance members.

Poe was still enjoying his days as the commander and leader of the black squadron, but he took time to teach the newest recruits how to fly. It was safe to say that no one was going to take him from what he loved doing best—piloting.

Even in a time of war and grief, there was still some room for happiness and hope; and, somehow, they all were able to achieve that.

After the loss of a dear friend they considered family, they took it in themselves to appreciate life and the fact that they were, well, living. They weren't about to take it for granted, not when in any given second death could swoop in.

At least there was no longer a menace trying to wipe out the Jedi.

More and more Force sensitives came to be, although some preferred to handle it on their own, others reached out to Luke and Rey for guidance. The new generation of light and hope to restore the galaxy and keep it that way for as long as the Force allowed them to.

Hope was what they needed and hope was what kept them going.

Standing amongst the snow, covered from his head all the way to his feet enough to keep him warm, Kylo stood amongst the trees in silence.

One year had gone by since your death and one year since he had freed himself from his mental restraints.

He was free, he no longer felt the weights on his shoulders that were his fears and doubts.

He no longer felt the anger that coursed through him like his own blood had so naturally.

He felt at ease.

At least, most of him had.

It took him a while to recover, to recuperate from the loss.

The first few months were exceedingly difficult for him, he couldn't find a single place he felt stable or safe in—nor could he escape any breakdowns.

Everywhere he went, he fell to his knees in pain. The constant reminder and flashbacks of you risking your life to save his own haunted him like a nightmare he wish he never had.

There'd be times he'd walk only to fall.

One of the first planets he traveled to was Tatooine. In hopes that there'd be some stability there as his uncle and grandfather had lived there once, he took it in himself to try it out. But the second he was greeted to the vastness of sand and heat, left alone to nothing but his thoughts, he fell apart.