21 | Necklace

There was an absence in the Force, a sense of loneliness and hollowness that echoed throughout Ren's chest.

He could feel himself losing you, bit by bit.

It had to be done.

The feeling of your soul undoing itself from his ever so slowly was deadly, he was afraid you had found someone else the moment he saw that oh so familiar ship land on the sandy terrain of Jakku.

Anguish, defeat, heart break, anything that could make the man feel miserable was attacking him all at once. This was his own doings and only he could undo it—yet, he couldn't. Because fear lead his world and his world was dark and empty, and a soulless carcass that couldn't contain love.

He could feel his hate eat him alive, he had worked so hard to obtain your love again, he risked his own life saving you—yet, he let it all slide.

How was he not destroying the shuttle at this very moment?

His heart was heavy, breathing becoming rapid as the atmosphere around him spun.

Why did he do this? Why did he let the one good thing that resurfaced in his life, go?

Fear.

Snoke was the most intimidating figure in his life, he couldn't bare the fact of the Supreme Leader finding you and holding your fate in his lengthy, scrawny pale hands.

Letting out a deep breath, ridding any bit of anxiety that filled the void called his soul, he took a seat on of the chairs attached to the metallic walls—the one you had sat on.

How was he going to survive this? This was far more different than before, you knew nothing before. But now, now you knew everything and now you lied in the hands of another man with a broken heart, could he possibly mend the wound he tore into you?

It was a shame, the idea of Kylo allowing someone else to have you because he wasn't man enough.

He knew all about Poe, he knew how much he crushed on you since stars knows when. But Poe never had the guts to admit it, after all, you were too busy loving Ben then, but he didn't know... he assumed you didn't fell the same.

Poe Dameron.

Kylo felt his chest tighten, if anyone could give you a better life, it would be him.

Poe was the son Leia wished Kylo had turned out to be. Poe was the boy who won the hearts of all the parents and all the girls and boys when they were younger—and Kylo was sure he still had that power.

Yet, you had fallen for the quiet one who found himself to be a loner, and Kylo could never fathom as to why you had loved him out of all people so much.

It pained him. At this moment, you could be falling for someone else, the possibility of the love you once felt for Kylo running cold in your veins and being replaced of that warm one Poe had been pumping into you. Why wasn't he feeling the least bit of jealousy?

Oh, that's right, because Kylo wasn't good enough for you.

Poe was.

But did you believe that? Was Poe the better one? Then one fate didn't have planned for you to be with? How could you tell, at least now, when you had just been reunited? You weren't sure what to feel, Kylo did break your heart and here was Poe picking up the pieces and slowly mending them back together just for you.

Who was the better man?

Who had the power to win your heart?

Kylo felt any last bit of his once growing heart deteriorate back to its original state. How could he have a heart when he had no one to share it with?