25 | Protect

The sound of Kylo's boots stomping against the cold metal ground of the First Order's new base gave off a warning to those in a nearby radius.

It was obvious he was in one of those moods, each time his strides were rather swift and miscalculated, with the fact he had balled fists and a slight hunch in his back was a dead giveaway that something was wrong.

Ever since his return, he hadn't spoken a single word to Phasma nor Hux—aside from that slight interaction earlier.

Hux was well aware of Kylo's change in demeanor, along with the fact that he had actually been in his quarters for longer than an hour like he usually had.

There was something up and Hux was afraid it had been about that girl, Kylo had only feared that maybe the man was the reason why Snoke had sensed something off about Kylo. After all, not even the Supreme Leader could read his own pupil that easily.

Feeling a shift in the Force, Kylo took a complete stop before his head whipped in the opposite direction.

It felt oh too familiar, although it was multiple Forces being felt at once, one screamed out the most.

"Commander." Snapping his head back, the stormtrooper kept his posture straight although slightly flinching. "There has been word that a CEC YT-1300 light freighter has entered the planets atmosphere, it is the same ship as before."

"Has it landed?" Trying to keep his calm, Kylo took in heavy breaths.

"I am afraid so, sir."

"See to it that Captain Phasma and a group of her men check out the ship, there is a high chance we have Resistance members already roaming our grounds." Giving Kylo a nod, the stormtrooper rushed off. "Millennium Falcon..." Turning on a heel, Kylo rushed off—a new battle was about to erupt.

"Alright, do you understand how to shoot it?" Rey asked you as you held the small blaster in your grip, nodding your head as you aimed it into the distance, shutting an eye and biting your tongue. "Okay, not like that-"

"Yeah, yeah... I get it, my dad has taught me a good dozen of times..." Stuffing the blaster into the holster that was wrapped around your waist, Rey let out a deep sigh. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine," you reassured Rey a handful of times by now.

"I hope so... let's just get you in and out, okay? Chewie, Finn and I will carry out the rest of the mission-"

"While I stay locked up in the Falcon, I get it, but don't you think the troopers will find me?" You asked as the four of you had made your way over to the base and away from the ship. "I mean-"

"Y/N, we already told you what to do and where to hide if worse comes to worse... don't worry, you'll be much more safer in there than out here. Trust me, we will be back in no time, we just have to hurry up and get in first." Quickening up their paces, you tried to catch along.

"I'm trying, I'm trying..." Letting out a huff, you four came to a stop as the base came into view. "Wow... was the original base this big?"

"Quite smaller, actually... it makes the old one look like a mere toy... it's freighting. But it's nothing we can't handle, right guys?" Looking over to Finn and Chewie, they agreed. "Good... let's save the galaxy."

The anxiety was eating you alive, every step you took added more and more to your panic. You weren't sure what you were fearing, death or failure. Both were flat out terrifying, but you weren't sure which was worse.

One you'd have to live with while the other, well, others would have to suffer with.

But that wasn't the only thing itching at your skin.