24 | Hope

There was something about the morning sky being blended with that of the night sky that made the General at ease.

Maybe it was sort of a reminder that she had defeated darkness once before, maybe it was telling her that there's always hope—after all, she liked to remind others of that—but who really reminded her?

Anyone in the Resistance and New Republic would say the General is one tough soul.

She's gone through hell and back: lost her son to the dark side, lost her brother to exile, lost her husband to death, yet... here she was, being a brave and still doing what was right.

No matter how fast her walls would crumble, there was always something there to rebuild it. That something being her brother and long lost niece, and now, you.

If there was one person in this galaxy who had loved you more than your own family, it was Leia Organa herself. She adored your lively soul, those bright eyes you once held—it was obvious you were trying your best to keep them even with the hell you had gone through.

She admired that about you.

You were strong, you were brave, you shined in the darkness... if there was anyone in the universe she'd want her son with, it would (without a doubt) be you.

Maybe that's exactly why she kept your little love affair a secret, aside from knowing you could've and still could save her son, maybe it was the fact that something about you made the woman think that you could be everything her son needed and wanted.

Maybe she desperately needed that outside force to bring back peace and hope, to bring love—quite similar to what her mother had done along with her belated husband—the outsiders always did it best.

It was a shame her son had to push you away.

What you two once had was pure and innocent in a sense, it was beautiful and sweet, so lovely that it made Leia so ecstatic—this was the exact love Ben Solo needed in his life aside from his family.

He needed someone to be there for him the way his parents couldn't, someone to care for him, to give him love, to hold him close in his darkest hours. He needed someone.

And he still did.

She could feel it, after all, a mothers instinct is strong.

She knew her son very well, she knew how he thought and acted, and she could still feel his being linger in her own. He needed love, he need your love, he need you. Because no matter what fear drove him, love would overcome all.

Shifting her eyes from the stars that faded away into the morning sky, a small smile played on her lips—what you had in store was smart in a sense, although you really didn't tell her, she could sense it.

"Y/N, it's very brave of you to join your parents, along with the rest on this mission..." Turning around, she was greeted with you standing just in front of the door, hands behind your back as you had a whole new attire. "I just hope you know what you're doing."

Nodding your head the slightest, you took a few steps forward. "Of course, General. I wouldn't think it's smart to go head in to a battle I have no right being in, especially with the week I've had."

"You're quite the tough soul, Y/N, I admire that. But you know that being brave can be quite dangerous... I just need assurance that what you have in store is... safe." Blinking at her statement, your eyebrows lightly knitted. "You have all the right intentions, I know, but are they accurate? Are they going to bring you back home?"