BONUS

It had been a month since Kylo had departed D'Qar on his one man journey, though a part of him regretted the fact that he had left his mothers side, another part needed this in order to grow—to evolve back to the man he wanted to be—to be Ben Solo once again.

He didn't want to stay in D'Qar, fearing the darkness still lingered in him, and mainly because he knew who ever was left of the First Order would go looking for him. So he rather save the Resistance from trouble.

In the month of Kylo being off the radar, he decided to drop his First Order look, taking in a Han Solo-esque style—vest and everything.

Originally, he was going to take one of the X-Wings, but Rey and Chewie had insisted he take the Falcon; after all, it was meant to be handed down to Ben once he was old enough and Han had 'retired'.

Lying a hand on the concrete cover of the casket, Kylo's eyes wondered around the mausoleum. He had only been here once when he was younger, his mother showing him where his grandmother was kept on Naboo after her passing.

Kylo wasn't sure as to why he had gone to Naboo, let alone, his grandmothers mausoleum, but there was a sense of reasoning lingering in the back of his mind.

After a long silence, Kylo swallowed before speaking up. "I-I don't know what to say? I don't know if I should say I'm sorry for repeating the past... I don't know if I should apologize for breaking your heart even more after all the suffering grandfather had caused you... I-I just," Taking in a deep breath, Kylo's eyes were focused on the casket.

"It's a shame those who matter the most to us leave... thanks to us." Rubbing his eyes as he felt them water up, he sniffled, "I blame myself for losing Y/N, as I'm sure grandfather had for losing you. I wonder if it was the Force's work, a way to punish us for the path we took. I... I just feel so foolish, so weak-minded! I should have never allowed Snoke into my head. If I hadn't, father would've been alive still, Y/N would've been alive... and-and we would've had our family. It's all my fault!"

Feeling his lips tremble, Kylo fell to his knees, arms crossed over the casket as he cried into them. A sudden beam of light was shined down on him through the stained glass portrait of Padmé, the colorful lights illuminating on the tomb and along his back.

"Nothing is your fault, Ben." Hearing the oh too familiar voice, Kylo's throat locked. "None of it was, you were used, you were being controlled..." Looking up, Kylo's eyes widened as he held his breath. "Ben, this was our fate, this is was the path we were meant to go on—to save you. It was written in the Force, don't ever think for a second I blamed you for all of this, I never have, and I never will..." How was it possible that you were a Force ghost when you weren't Force sensitive?

The bond?

Taking in a shaky breath, Kylo's eyebrows knitted the slightest. "Y/N?" He stuttered, a smile appearing on your face as you nodded, another Force ghost appearing at your side. "Dad? H-How?"

"I guess the Force was kind enough to tag me along." Han smiled, "Don't beat yourself up, kid... never in a million years would I blame you for what happened. I knew what I was walking into, it's the sacrifices a parent takes in order to save their child."

"And I can agree with that," Hearing a new, unrecognizable voice, Ben turned his head to another Force ghost standing next to him, eyebrows knitting as he hadn't recognized the person. "Of course, I should introduce myself, I'm your grandfather—Anakin." Being thrown aback, Ben's mouth fell open, only to close. "Except, younger... and less crispy," He chuckled, Ben blinking in confusion. "And I thought I'd bring someone else along, just so you could meet her, too." Presenting with his arm, Padmé's Force ghost appeared next to Anakin.

"You know, all this time I have been watching over you because I feared you'd follow his footsteps... it was bound to happen, but, but I knew you were going to survive, that you were going to escape it..." Looking over to you and Han, Padmé smiled, "Thanks to these two... I wish I was around to meet them, the ones that won my daughters and grandsons heart."

"Why-... how... why are you all here?" Ben asked in confusion.

"Because, we need to give you that extra push, so you can be truly free... So you don't have to beat yourself up. Ben, be free, don't let your past define you, you are in control." You smiled.

"Don't worry about us, we'll be here, watching over you, just as they did," Han nudged his head towards Padmé and Anakin. "You just watch out for your mother, uncle, and cousin... they're what's important now."

"You better protect your mother," Anakin pointed a finger, causing Padmé to lightly laugh. "We'll see you again, kiddo." Disappearing from his sight, Ben looked back over to you and Han.

"I love you, don't forget that," Han winked, "Give your mother my love, I'll see you two again, just take your time getting here," Saluting his son, Han disappeared.

"I'll try my best to visit often, although this is something I never thought I could do," You chuckled, "It's good to see you again, and you look... better, not in all that dark clothing, you kinda look like your dad," You pointed out, causing Ben to let out a small laugh. "I love you, Ben. Always and forever. Remember that."

"I love you, too." Taking in a deep breath as he nodded, Ben smiled. "Thank you, for everything."

Grinning back, you spoke once more before leaving his sight. "See you some other day."

━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━

This wasn't entirely meant to be a part of the story, more of a side thing I was requested to write so I made it into a bonus; thanks for reading, I hope you've all enjoyed the story! And for those rereading, you guys are the best!