28 | Light

Grief, a sense of heartbreak was felt in the air.

Leia had found herself falling back into her seat as a hand clutched onto her chest while the other latched onto her desk.

This wasn't supposed to happen, she wasn't supposed to lose somebody else, not this early on.

Shutting her eyes, she could feel her heart shatter once again, a stream of tears staining her cheeks as her eyebrows twitched from furrowing tightly.

Did destiny not want her to be reunited with her son? It only hurt more knowing that someone like you had to fade away so early on. It broke her even more, you were the last person she wanted to lose.

The sound of a scream reverberated through the chest of Luke, a sense of familiarity stung his heart as his head snapped in the direction of the noise. A sudden tug in the Force, a rather harsh one, pulled at him as he looked off into the distance of the woods.

Shutting his eyes, he could feel the pain of his once Padawan coursing in his veins. He hadn't felt this in the longest of times, actually, Luke had never felt this much pain from Ben ever before.

"What is it, Luke?" Kai, your father, came to a sudden stop as he heard the footsteps behind him cease. "Do you feel something?" Opening his eyes, he could feel something slip away. Something strong, something great enough to make his nephew snap in a way he had never felt before.

Y/N.

Looking up at the night sky, he took in a deep breath—he feared the worse.

"I-" Cutting himself off, Luke froze as he had turned around. Hearing a harsh gasp come from his wife, Kai swiftly turned and crouched down next to her now kneeling frame. "Amya?"

"Amya, honey, are you alright?" Clutching onto her chest, she took in deep breaths, eyes scrunched shut as her teeth gritted. "Amya? Amya, what's going on?" Face filled with concern, Kai looked up at Luke, eyebrows knitted as Luke's reflected the expression.

Walking over and getting on one knee, Luke studied the woman, "Amya, tell me, what is it that you are feeling?"

Shaking her head, she took in yet another deep breath before looking up. "I-I'm not sure? It, it feels like... like something-something stabbing my chest? Like... like a pang?" Gulping, she gasped. "I... I feel weak? As if... as if something was taken away from me..." Clenching his jaw, Luke quickly stood up.

So his fear was right.

"Do-do you know what it is?" Kai asked, looking up at Luke as the man turned his attention back to where he sensed the disturbance in the Force, the world around the three vibrating underneath them. "What's going on? That can't be the Resistance attacking the troopers, nor can it be the pilots above..."

Taking in a deep breath, Luke squinted his eyes the slightest. "No, it isn't..." Turning back around to the two, he pointed, "Take her back to the Resistance base, it isn't safe for her out here."

"But what about the files, and Y/N?" Kai called out as Luke had already walked off in the opposite direction. "Luke, what about-"

"Just take her, it's of your best interest," He spoke over his shoulder before sprinting deeper into the woods.

Standing still on the battlefield, Rey had found herself looking over her shoulder, eyebrows scrunching up as her throat locked, a sense of hollowness being filled in her heart as she could feel you fade away.

How could this have happened so soon?

Clenching her jaw, her grip around her saber tightened as her attention was snapped back onto the stormtroopers ahead, grunts and yells being released from her as she whipped around. You were the last person Rey expected to lose on this mission.