10 | Pawn

It was a 'necessary break', as Kylo liked to call it, rather than a training session somewhere in the outer rim as Snoke had 'requested' him to.

He needed this. If there was anything that could possibly get his mind off of things, it was training. The anger that would bubble inside him during the sessions that Snoke purposely provoked, blinded Kylo from his internal struggles.

Internal struggles, something that would never die out in the man. Whether it'd be family or friends, or even you, the call from the light always itched at the surface of his skin.

Arriving back at the 'new' (it nearly looked like a replica of the previous one) base the First Order had relocated to, there was a rather unbalanced shift in the Force once Kylo stepped foot back on the ice planet, feeling as if something had been removed, but he couldn't put a finger on it.

Watching a rather anxious pair of stromtroopers rush by as they dragged along another pair over to the infirmary, Kylo's head snapped in the direction of the command room where he knew the general had been in.

Only a few days gone and there was already something wrong? Sure, it was common to see stormtroopers be injured, whether it'd be training or something on their end, but the feeling Kylo had gotten—as if it had triggered a warning in the back of his mind—only made him well aware that something was wrong.

"General Hux," Kylo's voice boomed throughout the command room as he stormed in. "May I speak with you for a moment." Seeing as everyone around him was quite calm, he knew it to be something underneath the surface that was off.

"Yes, commander Ren?" He spoke with the most unaware expression, as if nothing had been out of place.

"Are you aware two of your men are severely injured?" Watching Hux arch an eyebrow, Kylo felt the urge to roll his eyes from beneath the helmet. "Apparently you aren't."

"Why is it of matter to you?" Hux's eyebrows knitted as his arms crossed behind him, a certain look of unconformity being expressed as Hux felt he had been accused for something unknown of. "If I may, commander, you never seem to care about my soldiers."

"This time I do when there is a shift in the Force, and there seems to be a rather oddly... strong connection between the two; your injured men and the Force." Kylo pointed out with a low growl. "So I suggest you find out as to why two of your men are injured."

"With all due respect, my men haven't done anything worthy enough to concern you in any matter, it must be-"

"Your lack of awareness disturbs me, general, you will come with me and we will find out as to what caused such injury on the two men," And with that, Kylo turned on his heel, the general following shortly behind as he had no clue as to why the commander had been so worked up on the newly arisen situation.

For all he knew, the commander was worried about finding you, but he left it in Hux's hands... so what was the big deal now.

"It has come to me that your men were shot... I do not believe Phasma is that ignorant to allow her men use firearm during training that is off of the safety lock. So tell me, general, why is it that two of your men have been shot under your supervision?" Kylo questioned as the two now had come to a stop in front of a glass as nurses rushed around the mens injuries.

As soon as Hux's eyes landed on the recognizable tag numbers of the troops, a lump formed in his throat and instantly disappeared as he had swallowed it. If those two men were shot down... then where were you? This was the last thing Hux needed at the moment. How in his right mind was it okay to leave you with a pair of troops he randomly called to?