13 | Confession

"You fool, can't you see? He's dead!"

It was as if the world around you was spinning too fast for you to handle, your stomach turning at the sight as you had the sudden urge to puke.

What kind of terrible situation was this?

Your focus was glued onto the now 'dead' body lying on the ground just a few feet away from you.

Dead.

It felt foul in your thoughts, it didn't feel right, he couldn't have possibly been dead. Wouldn't you have felt the bond sever immediately? This couldn't be true, this couldn't be real.

"LET ME GO!" You whaled, snapping out of your gaze as you thrashed around, only to feel yourself slip out of Viktors grip and fall to your knees.

If Kylo had died a few days ago during your hateful state, would you have cared? Hell, why did you care now? It sounded insane from a third person's point of view, a woman who once claimed to loathe the man, as if his name was venom dripping off of her tongue, now felt nothing but sympathy and pain mixed into one for him.

You loved him.

At this point you couldn't deny it, because it took a wicked situation as this one to make you finally realize that your heart raced for this man.

Man? Was he no longer a monster in your eyes? A monster wouldn't risk their life to save you... of course, he didn't know he would be risking his own. But, yet, he came alone.

He risked the fact that anyone could have killed him on his lone journey. He risked the fact that anyone in the First Order could find out he pushed everything to a side to save you.

"Don't leave me..." You softly cried, clutching onto his lifeless body as your arms wrapped tightly around his shoulders and the back of his head. "Please... please... don't be gone."

No.

It was a miracle that you were somehow still functioning. Your weariness dissipated the moment you were ripped away from Kylo and any other pain you had been feeling before was only focused on that fast beating heart of yours.

You were dehydrated, starving, exhausted... yet none of that compared to this. This had your adrenaline going.

And you never thought that you would be bawling over Kylo Ren's—no—Ben Solo's unconscious body. Although it was claimed that Ben Solo died the moment Kylo Ren was born, all that was thrown down the garage chute when you could feel Ben Solo's presence still in there, the light trying to bring him back to life... trying to keep you safe.

You love him.

You love him and you were sure a piece of you never stopped loving him even if he removed himself from your memory, because even then, you still had some connection to him. "Please... Ben..."

"This is cruel, Viktor! The girl has suffered enough as it is, was death necessary?!" Alastair shouted, ripping himself out of Kali's grip and rushing over to Viktor, shoving him to the point he stumbled back.

"You don't know anything, kid! Stay out of it!" With a swing of the hand, Alastair only replicated the move, except with a full on force with a clenched fist, colliding it with Viktors nose. "You son of a bitch!"

"We are better than this, Kali!" He exclaimed over his shoulder as Kali stood in awe, looking back and forth as if she didn't know what to do. "We do not kill to make a statement, we do not torture others to get what we want done, it's inhumane!" Alastair spat over Viktors hunched body, only to be knocked onto the ground as Viktor tackled him.