Chapter 5

Zeke

Screams filled my ears as I walked inside the house. Ashlyn had passed out a few moments ago, while I ran over here. Since my hands were full, I just kicked the door down to get inside. Not my best idea, but it's an emergency situation. "Caroline!" I shouted, running up the stairs. I got to my floor as she was running down from the Alpha floor.

"Oh my god" she gasped, looking at the girl in my arms. "What happened to you guys?" Caroline asked, following me into one of the bedrooms. Moving quickly, she took the sheets off the bed as I gently laid Ashlyn down.

Carefully, I took the pieces of fabric off her arms. They were drenched with blood. "Help now. Questions later" I stated. She nodded, running into the bathroom and returning with a first aid kit. "The claw marks are deep. She'll need stitches. We need to clean them out good cause there's probably dirt in there too" I informed her.

Caroline nodded, opening up the kit and taking out all the wipes. She passed me a handful of them before we both started cleaning out Ashlyn's cuts. I was glad that she was knocked out. The wipes would probably be stinging her because of the alcohol. "Here" Caroline handed me a needle and some weird string.

I watched as she tied the string to the needle and began stitching up Ashlyn's arm. I copied her actions, until the wounds were all closed up. "Fold a pad of gauze and tape it on her arm" Caroline instructed, handing me two boxes.

I finished cleaning up the blood, before opening the gauze. I used the medical tape to tape the gauze onto her arm. "Where's our daughter?!" I heard shouting coming up the stairs.

Caroline sighed, handing me more gauze and tape. "Finish up here. I'll take care of her parents" she stated. I nodded, going around the bed and started tending to her other arm. I started putting all the supplies away, seeing my skin that was covered in blood.

My hands started shaking as I stared at the blood that wasn't mine. I don't even know whose it was. My head snapped to the door as it opened. Caroline and Nick walked in with two people behind them. It was clear that they were Ashlyn's parents and they did not look happy. Ashlyn's mom immediately went to her daughter's side. However, her father didn't even glance at her.

He started marching up to me. I straightened my back, ready for the screaming, punching, shoving, whatever he was gonna do to me. Nick quickly turned and stood between us. "This is your fault!" the man shouted, pointing a finger at me.

I clenched my jaw, allowing him to say whatever he wanted. It was my fault that Ashlyn got hurt. I took her out. I ran after that guy. I left her with the other rogue. And she got hurt. "You did this to her!" he screamed.

Nick was doing a good job at holding the guy back. Upon hearing the shouting, pack members crowded around the doorway. "Everyone out!" Nick demanded. They quickly ran away and Caroline closed the door.

Ashlyn's dad stopped trying to get closer to me, but he was still seething. "Roger" Ashlyn's mom pulled on her mate's arm. "Stop. It's not his fault" she said softly, attempting to steer Roger away from me.

The man scoffed. "Like hell it's not!" he exclaimed, pulling his arm away from her. "You put our baby in danger!" Roger shouted.

"Daddy" all our heads snapped to the bed. Ashlyn was blinking her eyes with her head turned towards us. "My head hurts" she mumbled.

We all moved on either side of her. Caroline started checking the back of her head. "Did she hit it?" she asked me.

I thought about it and shrugged. "She was knocked down when I got to her. The wolf was on top of her. She could've hit her head or fallen too hard" I said, not really sure. Caroline nodded, telling Nick to fetch some ice.