Chapter 10

Zeke

Valerie was walking with the boy, but it was all consensual. He wasn't forcing her to follow him. I kept my distance so they couldn't see, hear, or smell me. However, I could hear them because my Beta senses are stronger. They stopped after about twenty minutes of walking. I stayed back, hiding in the darkness. "I heard you were out with that guy" the boy spoke.

"Zeke? Yeah. We went to the mall. Nothing important" Valerie stated. She sounded out of breath.

I kept my ears strained as the boy spoke again. "What's-" pause "up" pause "with" pause "him?" Curious about the way he spoke, I peered out from behind the trees. Still, Valerie wasn't being forced into anything. But they were in a much more adult position.

Valerie was pressed against a tree with the boy pressed against her body. The boy had his head buried in her neck as Valerie buried her hands in his hair. "He's the new Beta. Less talk. More this" Valerie pulled his face up to hers and pressed their lips together. I watched, pondering over the situation. She really didn't seem like the type to do something like this.

A groan escaped Valerie's mouth as the boy pulled away from her. "What's his weak spot?" he asked. My eyes narrowed. He's looking for info on me. I could have just gone over there and beat him to a pulp. But I wanted to know if he would give anything away, so I stayed back.

Valerie ignored his question and ran her hands down his body. "What's yours?" she asked seductively. I've seen many S's of Valerie- scared, sassy, sad, serious, and stressed. This is the first time that I've seen the seductive side of Valerie. I didn't know she had one.

I was too engrossed in my thoughts, I didn't see the boy pin Valerie to the tree. "Answer the damn questions!" he snapped. I could see Valerie struggling to pull her wrists out of his grip. "Not so up for slutting around now, are you?" he asked rhetorically. Valerie growled at him. I moved closer, staying hidden by the trees. "What do you know about the Beta?" the boy asked.

"You're not his type!" she spat. I heard the impact, but I didn't see it. Valerie fell to the floor and the boy pulled her back up and roughly shoved her against a tree. "I'm done with this. Go fuck yourself" she hissed.

He yanked her forward before throwing her back against the tree. Her body crumbled to the floor. "Stop that" I mind-linked her, making my presence known. I could see her discreetly looking around. "Don't provoke him. I'll handle it" I told her.

She got pulled back to her feet by her hair. The boy got closer to her face and laughed. "The pack slut done with screwing around" he chuckled. "I bet you fucked him too" he taunted her. Valerie spat in his face, making him growl and throw her to the ground. "You little bitch!" he sneered, wiping the saliva from his face.

She just can't listen. Before he did more damage, I tackled him to the ground. I got a better look at him as I took a protective stance in front of Valerie. He was fit for his age. I would guess he's the same age as Valerie- 16, maybe 17. "Oh, look! A monster in a knight's armor" he scoffed. "You came here to save that?" he asked, nodding towards Valerie.

I watched as he began to circle around us. I was bigger and stronger. But looks can be deceiving. "You want to challenge me. Don't take it out of her" I said sternly.

He laughed. "Why? Does it bring up some memories?" he taunted me. I clenched my fists, struggling to keep myself from killing this kid. "You want to hit me now. Don't you?" Noticing my state, Valerie grabbed ahold of my hand. She was prepared to hold me back if necessary- I could tell. The kid's next words made me lose all sense of restraint. "Like father like son"