Chapter 25

Zeke

"I have to talk to you" I was yanked away from my mate. Valerie let out a squeak of surprise. Glaring at Sam, I pulled my wrist out of his hand. We just got back to the packhouse- not even inside the house yet. This was supposed to be a Valerie and me day. But he's always oblivious to what's happening.

Sighing, I walked back to Valerie and kissed her forehead. "I have to deal with this idiot. You can go upstairs if you want" I whispered. She nodded and limped into the house. Valerie insisted on walking, so I'm letting her. But it's obvious it's putting a strain on her. "What?" I questioned, looking at Sam.

He looked nervous. "Okay. So. Cynthia doesn't want to leave. So the only option is for me to stay, right? But I can't stay. I'm part of Caleb's pack. I tried convincing her to go back with me. Then she got mad and ran out the house. And now I don't know where she is. And I don't know what to do" Sam ranted.

Liam and Sharon are almost ready to leave. I think they said they were going to go in two days. But if Cynthia doesn't want to go, then Sam has to stay. Or they're just going to be apart- which would probably never happen. "You're staying then" I mused.

Same shook his head. "I can't. I'm part of Caleb's pack" he reminded me.

I couldn't help but chuckle at his frustrated expression. He looked like he had no options at all. "This is her home. You can't force Cynthia to move; she'll be miserable. It would be like when we had to join Caleb's pack" I stated. His face fell and he thought about it for a moment. "Liam and Sharon are leaving in two days. I think you should go with them. You could see how it would be without Cynthia. And if you decide to; you can pack up and come back" I suggested.

He sighed and reluctantly nodded his head. I left him outside and quickly made my way upstairs. Valerie was sitting on my bed with her head in her hands as I walked in. Her head snapped up. "Is he okay?" she wondered. I nodded my head in confirmation. "Are you okay?"

Smiling, I nodded again. "Why? Are you worried?" I teased. She rolled her eyes and shoved me away from her. I knelt down and began looking at her ankle. "You're still limping. Lay down" I demanded. Valerie sighed and sat against the headboard. She wasn't lying down, but it would work. I grabbed a couple pillows and slid them under her ankle. "No walking anymore until that heals" I said sternly.

Rolling her eyes, she saluted me. I threw the remote at her, which she easily caught. Valerie turned on the T.V. and began flipping through the channels. I sat next to her and wrapped my arm around her shoulders. She suddenly stopped looking through the channels and turned to me. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Does it bother you that I'm sixteen?" she blurted randomly. I shook my head at her as my eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. Did she think I had a problem with it? "Forget I asked" she mumbled before continuing to look at channels.

I took the remote away and forced her to look at me. "I bumped into Mina and her girls. I shouldn't let them bother me. They weren't even talking to me or even about me. They were talking about you" she turned away from me before clenching and unclenching her fists. "Mina wants you. She said some crap about being Beta Female. And how you shouldn't be with a kid like me. She was talking about how you two would work perfectly together. And I would just be drama. And- I don't know" Valerie ran her hand through her hair.

Taking on her her hands in mine, I gently rubbed circles on her skin. "You said it yourself, Mina is a bitch. And no matter how much she wants me, she can't have me. I only have one girl in my sight. And lucky for me, she's my mate" I declared. Valerie smiled and nodded her head. "I'm gonna go get a drink. I'll bring you up a soda" I offered, changing the subject. She thanked me before I headed out of the room.