Mechanic

Based on a book titled, "Do not Open" found near Sparkle's Dresser

Note: This is just a copy of "Mechanic's Life" by Ellen. Therefore, if you want a copy, tell her.

Mechanic's Life
by Ellen

This is a short story about a girl. It is about her life here in this world of Solarux. It is about how she managed to survive problems and how she met her true love.

:

A girl was wandering down underground, searching for a way out. Alas, she found a path leading to the outside world, but she was abducted by an old man.

"Leave me alone!", she shouted.

"The Master wants you to make traps for his house for a week. He would not accept denial."

"What will be the payment?", the girl said, interested in the deal.

"Well, I think about 50 gold coins."

"I'm in!"

The girl worked hard. She made dart traps, swinging spiky balls, and fire rollers. She was happy to find a job.

The days passed, and at the end, she was finished working.

"A week's work is done. Can I have my payment?"

"Not so fast, kiddo. Master wants you punished."

"Why?", the girl asked, sensing danger ahead.

"You didn't make the place invader-free! A zombie went inside, and it reached the bottom layer. How can you explain this?!"

"I haven't even pulled the switch on."

"Why was it not turned on yet?"

"What will happen if I accidentally stepped on a trap? There would be no one to build more cause I'm dead!'

"Death. Nice work, brat."

"I appreciate your gratitude. Now, the money."

"I will tie you then put you in the dungeon. Either you will die from starving or by my master's minions!"

"What! No!"

The old man tied her up with a rope and left her alone inside the place.

"This is hard. I can't die of starving since food is for increasing stats and not for metabolism. I will be killed by a minion, yet respawn, but that old man knows my spawnpoint so he will tie me up again. I wish the Chosen can kill the Master of this place so that he or she can save me. Then, I can live peacefully!" the girl said. She had been sitting in the same spot for days. She wants to be saved.

Time passed by, and the girl was a fine lady already. She grew inside the same place, in the same spot she was when she was young.

"When will the Chosen arrive?" the lady wondered. She had been waiting for someone that never came.

"Perhaps, I won't be saved, I guess?"

"Hey, you! What are you doing down this place?" asked by an unfamiliar voice.