I am the King, Right? - Chapter 3

~Isabelle~

“Is! You have to meet us outside the gates! The mean old guard person won’t let us in!” Nora screamed in my ear. I pulled the cell away from my ear slightly.

“Alright! Calm down. I’ll be there in like ten minutes,” I assured her. Then I hung up on her. I would be seeing her in a little bit anyways. It didn’t matter.

“Bye Dad!” I said turning to the door.

“Isabelle.”

I went back and kissed his cheek. “I’ll be back for dinner, I promise.”

“Good girl. I don’t want you out with your friends all day because they get you for the rest for the rest of the year. I need a little Izzy time,” Dad said using my old nickname.

“I know! But I promised them I would go today. I’ll stay here tomorrow and we can do something then. You promised me you would show me that recipe for your special cookies,” I said.

“Deal. Stay home tomorrow and we will make cookies. Now go have fun,” he said pushing me away a little.

I slipped into my flipflops, grabbed my purse and hurried out the door. Liam would kill me if I kept them waiting. He had this mental schedule in his mind that the rest of us all had to follow. 

I found my way out of the castle easily, I had walked the route a couple of times last night so I could at least maneuver my way in and out of the castle.

When I hit the driveway, I groaned in regret. I should have asked Dad to drive me down to the gate. It wasn’t that I was lazy or anything, but what had been a couple minutes’ drive to the castle, was now a long walk.

I kicked off my flip flops and stuffed them into my purse. Then I started to jog down the drive. I wasn’t about to run because then that would totally ruin my hair that I had perfectly flat ironed this morning, and the last thing I wanted right now was to sweat excessively while going to the car.

When I reached it, I tapped on the guards glass window. It was a new guy. This guy was young, maybe early twenties or late teens.

“You are?” He asked. His voice was surprisingly deep.

“Isabelle Dermen. I’m Chef Dermen’s daughter. Can I please get out, I need to meet my friends,” I asked sweetly.

“If they are going to be here often they will need to get passes to get onto castle grounds. You’re okay, I can tell you are Chef Dermen’s daughter.” The guard hit a button the gate started to buzz.

I smiled my thanks to the guard then I opened the gate and joined my friends on the outside.

“What took you so long?” Liam demanded just like I knew he would.

“Hello to you to,” I said sarcastically. “Have you seen how long that freaking drive way is? I had to walk down that thing,” I complained.

“Why didn’t you ask your dad to give you a ride?” Josh asked.

“I didn’t think about it okay?”

“Just get in we’re already late,” Liam said getting in himself. No one asked what we were late for. Truth is we weren’t late for everything. Liam just believed we were.

 I climbed over Josh, who was already in the car and sat in my usual spot, the middle seat. Adam was in the passenger seat, Liam was driving and Nora was next to me.

“So where we going?” I asked. Yes I had just gotten into a car filled with teenagers without a clue where I was going. I don’t always think things through when I am with my friends.