I am the King, Right? - Chapter 38

~Isabelle~

It’s now Monday, five days before I leave for home. Dad has been randomly telling me he loves me and he keeps skipping out on his kitchen duties to spend more time with me. It’s great that I’m finally spending tons of time with him, but it’s still depressing, I’m leaving in a couple of days and I won't see him again for a couple of months.

You can also tell that my leaving is really affecting Mikey as well. He was super smiley and more amazing than usual the first couple of days after Jessica was escorted out, but now he is starting to show how he’s really feeling about me leaving.

Since the last food hand out on Wednesday, Mikey has insisted that we leave half way through the build days. He said it was because he thought I deserved some time with my dad before I went home, but I knew it was for his own selfish reasons.

I felt bad for leaving early, but neither Dad, Mikey, my friends or the people of Sorsa would allow me not to leave early. They all said I deserved it.

Since it was the last couple of days, my friends were leaving me alone. We were meeting up at the airport Friday because Dad insisted on driving me then, but until then they said that they would leave me to have my time with Dad and my boyfriend.

“Chef Dermen, I assure you, it would be no problem if Is was to stay on here for a while longer. My tutors wouldn’t mind taking her on as well,” Mikey said as we ate our private dinner in our apartment. I don’t know where Mikey was getting the whole, ‘live with me in the castle forever’ thing, but I thought it was sweet.

I would never move in permanently, though, but it was still a nice thought. My life was in France, I couldn’t just abandon my mom, my friends and my school.

“I would love for Isabelle to live here,” Dad said giving me a pointed look, “But it is not my place to force her, Your Majesty.”

Mikey sighed and turned to me. I don’t know why he still bothered to ask my dad, he got the same reply each time.

“Izzy, would you live here year long with me?” Mikey pleaded. I wanted to cry at his hopeful look, it mad e me feel like an evil person to turn him down.

“I can't Mikey, everything I have is in France,” I told him once again.

“But I’m here,” he pointed out. “You could stay here with me and be treated like a princess,” he offered.

I shook my head. “Mikey it does sound great, but I need to go home, I can't stay.”

“If you don’t want to stay here for me, stay for your dad. He wants you here too.” I knew Dad did, but was living with my boyfriend and dad really worth giving up everything? My whole life, everything I knew, was in France. All that I had here were the two people eating dinner with me presently.

I squeezed Mikey’s hand under the table and gave him the best smile I could in the situation. “This place is awesome, but it’s not my home.”

“Izzy, I really want you to stay here,” Mikey begged.

“And I want to stay. But I miss my mom, and my bed, and all my friends that I haven’t seen since June.”

“But what about me?”

“I’ll come visit you,” I promised.

Dad chuckled from across the table, finding our whole exchange amusing. “So you get a boyfriend and suddenly you want to come out here all the time. But when it’s only your old man, you make him come to you?”

My eyes widened as I realized he was right.

“I’m sorry Daddy, I wasn’t thinking at all. I should have come to visit you more often, I mean this is the first time I’ve been here since I left a million years ago. I knew you were busy and complained about not seeing you but I never came!”