I am the King, Right? - Chapter 16

~Harold~

That idiot girl Jessica came up to me after breakfast. She hadn’t been at breakfast, Michael says she wasn’t feeling well. So what was she doing bugging me if she was sick? I did not want to be in the same room as her, I defiantly didn’t want her germs.

“I have something interesting to show you,” she said barging into office I was in. I had been on my laptop going through emails from Jessica’s parents concerning the building one of their companies was currently in. It was one I was planning on knocking down to update with the best advancements of the moment so that the important (and rich) people working there couldn’t be harmed while working.

“Yes fine, what is it?” I asked.

She smiled smugly and sat down across of me. She took out her phone and placed it on the table between us.

“I took this recording yesterday when Michael was talking to Isabelle.”

She tapped her phone and what I assumed to be the recording started playing.

“I don’t know what to do Izzy,” Michael said from the phone. His voice sounded echo from the small phone speaker. 

“About what?” she asked also sounding hollow.

“Jessica,” Michael said.

“What about her?” Isabelle asked.

I continued to listen to the recording. It was fairly short. It was basically just Michael hating on his arranged marriage.

“And what was so important about that?” I asked when the phone went quiet.

“Michael is clearly cheating on me,” Jessica stated slowly like I was a child.

“How can you know? Do you have any proof?” Jessica said gesturing to the phone.

“That is my proof.”

“That is just simply talking. They never mention any thing that is going on between them,” I said completely bored of this. Why did it matter if Michael was cheating on Jessica, I wasn’t a couples therapist.

“How about when Michael says, ‘she cant stop anything between us’? She is threatening the royal marriage!”

“How do you know he wasn’t referring to their friendship?” I still hadn’t devised a plot to get rid of her. She was too smart for her own good. Much smarter than my idiot nephew.

Jessica stood up in frustration. “They were not talking about their friendship! I want her evicted!”

“Jessica, I am afraid that I cant-” Wait? Why couldn’t I? Jessica was right, Isabelle was threatening the royal marriage. That had to be punishable. And eviction sounded just fine. “Cant let this go without punishment. I will try to have Isabelle evicted from the castle by midday.”

Jessica looked shocked for a moment, I guess considering my argument she had been expecting more resistance.

“Great thank you Harold.” She snatched up her camera and stalked out of the room.

I quickly drew up a document for Isabelle’s eviction and signed it on the ‘King’s Representative’ line. This very special line is how I had been getting things done without Michael noticing for years.

I then took the form and hand delivered it to Chef Dermen’s hands in his apartment myself.

~Chef Dermen~

‘Form of Eviction for Miss Isabelle Dermen’.

That’s what the top of the form said. I wasn’t able to see read past it. The words swam in front of my eyes as I stare at the page for what seemed like hours.