I am the King, Right? - Chapter 13

~Isabelle~

“That isn’t a word!” Adam screamed at Liam. Liam smirked and leaned back slightly.

“Yes it is, you are just a sore loser,” Liam said confidently. Adam jumped up in outrage and started to stomp around like the four year old we all know he really is.

They had a Scrabble board we had found in the games room between them. The rest of us were playing Snake and Ladders because we all know we’re that cool. And if was way too hot to actually do something.

This morning it had been cloudy, so my friends hadn’t though to bring their swimsuits. Now we were all suffering in the stuffy, cheery, relentless sun beating down on us.

“Tell him ‘bamboozled’ isn’t a word!” Adam screamed at us. The rest of us shook our heads, the argument was stupid, and none of us wanted to get in it.

Adam had put down the word ‘Boo’ on his turn. Than Liam turned it into ‘Bamboozled’ using all of his title to get an extra fifty points on top of what the word was worth, plus successfully landing on the triple word score. Adam was clearly furious.

“It is so a word,” Liam said calmly,

“No it’s not!”

“Yes it is,”

“No its not!” The argument was comical actually. Adam was acting like some kid, and Liam was calmly stating that he was in fact correct. I bet the whole castle could hear Adam, but only the five of us here were privileged to hearing Liam’s responses.

“Oh look it up!” Nora screeched. She picked up the dictionary we always had to have while playing Scrabble just in case we happened to be in this exact situation, and chucked it at Adam’s head. He hadn’t seen it coming and it hit him in the forehead, then bounced to the ground.

“Fine I will!” Adam said angrily. He sat down again, picked up the dictionary, and started flipping pages.

“Oh yeah look, it’s your boyfriend,” Liam said pointing to one of the windows of the castle.

I put a hand to my forehead to block out the sun and squinted in the direction he was pointed. Sure enough, Mikey was looking out of one of the windows of what I assumed was his private apartment. How Liam had been able to see him so easily, I have no idea.

I raised my other hand and waved, receiving one from Mikey in return.

“He’s so hot,” Josh said, practically drooling.

“Oh yes he is,” Nora agreed.

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, that’s why he’s engaged,” I pointed out. “And he’s not, and never was my boyfriend.”

There was a collective gasp from my friends. “Mr. Gorgeous is engaged?” Josh said his voice getting high at the end.

“Yup,” I said simply.

“I saw that in the newspaper this morning, but I didn’t think it was true,” Nora said.

“Who reads the newspaper?” Liam muttered.

“Please, I was putting it in the recycling,” Nora stated. “And Kingy’s lovely face just happened to be on the front page.”

“Bamboozled: to deceive or…” Adam stopped reading from the dictionary. He looked up and glared at Liam. “I hate you,” he said actually looking for a moment like he as serious.

“You’re a sore loser,” Liam said with a shrug. He took his new tiles and gestured for Adam to continue onto his turn.

“So what is the fiancée like?” Nora asked. The three of us were now ignoring our half-finished game of Snakes and Ladders.