I am the King, Right? - Epilogue

~Isabelle~

My phone vibrated in my back pocket and I squirmed to get it out quickly.

“Memmo,” I said as best as I could with a spoon in my mouth. I had just finished my ice cream and was carrying mine and my friends bowl back to the kitchen when somehow the spoon ended up in my mouth as I went fishing for my phone.

“Hi Izzy,” came the all the familiar voice. Aw he sounded shy and nervous.

I quickly removed the spoon from my mouth and placed it on the table. “Mikey!” I cried happily.

I heard a whoosh of air as he let out the breath he had been holding. I was so excited to hear him, we hadn’t talked since the day I left Arsom almost three weeks ago. There had been the occasional text, but they were few and far with how busy he was lately.

“I thought you wouldn’t want to talk to me,” he admitted.

“Why wouldn’t I?” I asked him. “I thought that maybe you didn’t want to talk to me anymore. You’ve been ignoring me.”

Mikey let out a relieved laugh. “Sorry about that, things have been really crazy down here lately. There’s just been so much to deal with.”

“Yeah you never told me what that was all about.” Whenever he had texted me it would to say that he was fine, Sorsa was doing fine, and that he would call me later. He never kept his promise though. I didn’t mind much at first, but after a while I started to think the worst.

“Sorry about that. I can tell you now if you want, or when you come down here next week- you still are coming right?”

I could help but laugh slightly. “Yes I am. I’m leaving-”

“Is-s! Where are those chips you promised me?” Adam screamed as he walked into the kitchen. I’m not too sure why he was screaming, I was right here.

I grabbed the banana on the counter next to me and tossed it at him. “Eat that,” I ordered him.

“But it’s healthy,” Adam whined.

“Get out!” I told him a little harshly. This was the first time I had talked to Mikey since I left, I was not going to have Adam ruining that by yakking in my ear.

“Oh you’re feisty today,” Adam said ignoring me completely. “Your boyfriend break up with you yet?”

I glared at him. My friends knew that the last text from Mikey had come over a week ago. Then knew that I hadn’t talked to him properly since I left Arsom. They knew that I was worried about him and the reasons behind his sudden distance from me, and it wasn’t just because I was in a different country.

“Oh crap, is he?” Adam asked immediately concerned for me.

I pointed to the door and calmly said, “Get out, you buffoon.”

Adam gave me a quick a hug and left the room, taking the banana as well. I guess he was that hungry.

“Sorry about that Mikey,” I apologized.

“Are you mad that I haven’t called you…at all?” Mikey asked sounding really sad.

“I’m not mad, just… I don’t know. I thought I would talk to you more often then…never.”

“I’m really sorry Izzy,” he said sincerely.

“It’s okay really. You’re king, you have a country to run.”

“Yeah about that.” Wait so now he wasn’t king? “That’s the reason I haven’t been able to talk to you much. So do you want to know why now? Or wait until I can tell you in person?”