07 | a girl always hides her claws

0 7

a girl always hides her claws

     Step one is finished, albeit with unexpected results.

     But little did I know that step two is right around the corner.

    "You want me to walk up to her now?" I ask in disbelief, staring at Trey.

    "It's the perfect — "

    " — opportunity," I finish with a groan. "I know."

     All students in Dalton High are on break right now, and most of the time, it's hard to locate people. Everyone's either lounging in the cafeteria, the student room, wooden benches outside, empty classrooms, the library... but it's just the matter of finding the right people. And there's one place that is put aside for one crowd and one crowd only.

     Trey, Liv and I are currently standing just outside the football field, looking towards the bleachers that seem so far away.

     And atop those bleachers is our target.

    "Then why are we wasting time squabbling here?"

     I roll my eyes. "Jeez, alright, Gonzalez. Hold your freakin' — "

    "Wait!" Liv grabs my arm right as I step forward, then gives me a quick once-over. "You're going to wear that?"

     I frown, looking down at my outfit. "What's wrong with it?"

     On me is a Star Wars T-shirt tucked in high-waisted blue jeans, topped off with yellow-black sneakers that compliments my top. I think I look pretty good.

    "It's just not something girls like Justine wear."

    "She has a good point," Trey murmurs, giving Liv a nod. She blushes at the acknowledgement. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to rope Liv into this.

     I raise my hands up. "Guys. Seriously, you're being ridiculous. I'm not going to change just for Justine the Golden Goddess. Aside from that looking suspicious, I'd rather do this the old-fashioned way."

     And I start walking.

     Closer and closer to the field, I start to see Justine more clearly. How she talks and how she brings a certain aura around the whole group. She likes smiling, that's obvious. Whenever she laughs, the others laugh with her, like it's infectious. Or obligatory. Not sure which.