11 | literal definition of asshole

1 1

literal definition of asshole

    "A Midsummer Night's Dream?" I gape at him. "Seriously?"

     It's days after the announcement in the theatre, and everyone who came that day were immediately given scripts of the play. Auditions are sometime in the second week. Needless to say, everyone is sort of freaking out. Everyone except Liv and I, of course, but that doesn't lessen my mortification.

     In fact, it may have amplified it.

    "What?" Trey questions ever so casually, playing with his pen. "It's a classic."

    "It's also basic as fuck," Vic cuts in, slouching in the seat next to him, taking advantage of the History class that's clearly not starting any time soon. "You know it's the number one most popular high school play in all of the country, right?"

    "Which is why it was the safest option," he refutes back.

     Vic and I just stare at him.

    "Sure, Trey. Sure." I sigh, running a hand over my face. "I don't know how you're gonna nail this one off. You have to get a role, I don't care how, it's not a negotiation. And you have to get a big one."

    "Your worries amuse me, Addie."

     I just groan at his nonchalance. Of course he thinks it's no big deal. "I should've added that to the list," I mutter. "Learn to love theatre. But you got yourself into that one."

    "What list?"

     My body freezes, instantly realising whose voice that belongs to. I turn around and curse myself when I see TJ grinning at me with interest. 

    "List of... none of your business," I add lamely, and even Trey rolls his eyes at me.

     But the bell rings and the teacher comes in before TJ can interrogate me even more. His hair disheveled and papers flying everywhere. The class mumbles in laughter, and the spotlight shifts from me. Trey and I share a secret look. 

     That was close.

***

     Auditions, call-backs, script-reading — the whole student population of Dalton High has their busiest schedule yet. It's not like anything I've ever seen. For sometime of these weeks, everything else turns stagnant, including Trey and I's master plan.