21 | the great gonzalez

2 1

the great gonzalez

    "What's the status of the Golden Couple?"

     Keith, one of Trey's friends, decides to unravel the big question. I think of a reply, licking off the remains of my chocolate ice cream, but I can't seem to find one.

     Liv, Trey and I have free period, and Trey tagged along his other posse — Sean, Landon and Keith — whom I met in the cafeteria once. We're chilling by the benches outside the school building after a de-tour at an ice-cream parlour nearby. It's calm with the warm air and fresh trees around us.

     I nudge Trey with my elbow. "You go answer, Golden Boy."

     Trey's cone is perfectly clean, and he's munching it gracefully, like he calculated each bite. But it's default by him. I frown and look at my cone, where the ice cream is dripping all over.

    "You know what we lack?" He pauses for dramatic effect. "Intimacy."

    "Psh," Landon scoffs.

    "Lies," Keith says.

     "If she's the problem, I can offer her my assistance," Sean smirks. Trey whacks him in the head. "Ow!"

    "I'm serious." Trey turns his head to me. We're sitting side by side, so we're at eye level. The Three Musketeers, though, are sitting on the ground. It makes me feel like they're our subjects. And being equal with Trey Gonzalez makes me more satisfied than I actually look.

     I take a big gulp of my ice cream. "You don't need me anymore, do you?" I mean, not at this moment in particular.

     It showed how much Justine was willing to let him touch her, and her to him

     It showed how much Justine was willing to let him touch her, and her to him. Turns out the universe is with us because everything's working out so well naturally.

     He licks his lips. "In fact, I do."

     All of our heads snap to his. Landon, Keith and Sean are all wearing expressions of shock — I guess it's rare for Trey Gonzalez to ask for help in the "intimacy" department. Speaking of. I look ahead of me, at Liv and Vic perching on a bench, talking quietly. Liv's smiling a lot, and Vic smiles even more. Oh, wow. The dude has dimples. Can he not be more beautiful?