Chapter 5

Olivia

"We were room mates at University." Niall explained taking a bite of his sandwich and smacking loudly. "So you went to college to be a barista?" 

I teased and Niall rolled his eyes. "Don't interrupt my story Liv that's rude." he said mouth full of food.

"Oh I'm rude?" I said sarcastically, and he sheepishly wiped mustard off the corners of his mouth. "Anyway" he continued finishing the bite of his food. 

"We got along really well from the start, we were both fairly liked. Me him and his girlfriend at the time were pretty much inseparable."

The mention of a girlfriend sparked my curiosity, but I decided not to let it show. "But to answer your question, I was a business major." he informed me and I took a sip of my drink. 

"Then why do you serve coffee and alcoholic beverages?" I asked genuinely wanting to know.

He gave me a soft smile. "My mother got sick, and I dropped out to take care of her." I felt a twinge of sadness in my heart. "Oh Niall I'm so sorry." he held his hand up still smiling so I was confused of his emotions.

"She's doing well now, that was three years ago anyway, I'm sure if I wanted I could pick up those last few courses and graduate when I've got the time." I smiled at his ambition, but I still felt awful for his mother.

"She is okay right?" I asked making sure, and he nodded. "If she wasn't I wouldn't be at work." he stood retying his apron. "Speaking of which I should probably get back to that."

I watched as Niall returned to his spot behind the counter. I truly did enjoy my lunch breaks with him, and when Caileigh would join us it would be even better.

She was slowly making progress with him. Given, I knew he liked her, he had told me, but I wasn't going to let her have it that easy. Plus I enjoyed watching her flirting attempts.

"Alright Ni, I'll see you later I've got a lot of work to do." I claimed gathering my things from the table. 

"You're right, you have articles to write and men to publicly disgrace." I rolled my eyes and he smiled.

The building was full of movement today, there was a photoshoot for next months issue happening, and people were running around like chicken's with their heads cut off, including Caileigh.

She was speed walking past me as I made my way from the elevator to my office. "Hey Liv, how was lunch? Awesome! See you later." she spoke quickly and then she was gone.

I chuckled to myself as I entered my office. I heard Louis words ringing in my head that my office was boring, and I scoffed. It wasn't boring, I just didn't feel like doing any decorating i didn't have time anyway.

I sat down in my chair and began typing away feeling relieved that this article was going to be finished today.

"What are you doing tomorrow? Around Lunch?" I jumped and ceased my actions when Louis' smirk greeted me when my eyes stopped at the doorway. 

"Do you ever actually do your job?" I asked quickly minimizing my work on the screen.

"Yes, when I'm called upon, but you know not everyone needs help plugging in their computer Olivia." I groaned. 

"Oh my God please let that die." I pressed my fingers against my temple. He just laughed and took a seat on the edge of my desk like he seemed to do often.

"Yes, please do make yourself at home." I grumbled sarcastically. "Will do, thanks." he bit back, and I smiled. He was a character that was for sure.