Chapter 10

Olivia

"...beware of the guys who know exactly what to say, they may actually have an ulterior motive."

I sighed finishing what seemed to be overall lacking in any negativity, but that last line just came out, and I couldn't help it.

"The stars are out tonight." I jumped, Louis' voice startling me. He looked tired, but his eyes still held some sort of sparkle to them.

His hair was long, and it was curling at the nape of his neck, while the rest fell messily over his forehead. He looked like he was dressed for bed.

"The stars are out every night." I sassed, and he smirked. "Come on" he gestured with his head for me to follow him.

"Where's Cails?" I asked not moving from my bed. "Niall took her out to his 'special spot'" he put air quotes on the phrase.

I raised my eyebrows mouthing a silent Oh. He smirked "Don't worry, I'm sure he is being a complete gentleman." he teased.

I stood to my feet. I was wearing my happy bunny nightwear, and my hair was piled on top of my head in a messy bun.

"Cute." he chuckled, and I shot him an annoyed look. "What are we doing, because I seriously don't feel like changing." I complained, and he shrugged.

"Louis come on don't do that, seriously." I was whining now, but I didn't care I wanted to write.

"You aren't supposed to be working, we went over that this morning." It was like he read my mind. I crossed my arms over my chest, thankfully I still had a bra on. If it would have been off I wouldn't have moved.

"That's like telling a bird not to fly." I countered. He smiled "Sometimes even the birds take a rest. They sit on a power line, take a bath, crap on peoples heads as they walk by."

I rolled my eyes, and he continued to nag for me to leave my bedroom.

Eventually we stopped bickering long enough for me to follow him down the stairs and out onto the pier like the night before.

"What's the occasion?" I asked and he shrugged. "I just enjoyed last night, and I felt like you did too?" he asked more than stated the last bit.

I watched as he sat down on the pier, and then slowly lean back until he was staring up at me, and the sky.

He didn't say anything and neither did I. Eventually I joined him, and we were both lying there, staring at the stars in silence.

"Did you know that There are approximately 200-400 billion stars in our Milky Way Galaxy alone." He spouted off the random star fact and I giggled.

"No, please, do tell me more." I teased him, and I couldn't see his face but I knew he was smirking.

"The light from stars takes millions of years to reach Earth, therefore when you look at the stars you are literally looking back in time."

I could hear the excitement in his voice, and all I could think was that he was literally the biggest nerd.

We stayed there in silence for awhile, not really like there was much to be discussed, we were just staring at the sky.

"Why did you approach me that day in the coffee shop?" I asked suddenly overwhelmed with curiosity.

He seemed surprised by my question but quickly overcame it. "Do you want the straightforward boring answer?" He sat up as he asked this, and I followed suit.