Chapter 25

Olivia

"I need you to take me to my apartment." My voice was flat, and I felt like I was going to throw up. You should not be hitching a ride with your ex boyfriend Olivia, you're so stupid.

After giving him directions the rest of the ride was a painfully silent one. I was overwhelmed by his familiar scent, and trying not to chance too many glances at him.

He looked a lot different than the twenty one year old Zayn my mind remembered. His hair was incredibly short, practically gone, and he had obtained multiple ear piercings.

Tattoos covered every inch of the skin on his arms. I immediately wondered what my mom would think if she saw him now.

He seemed just as content and laid back as he had always been, if not more so. When he pulled to a stop, I fumbled with my seatbelt trying to get out as quickly as possible.

"Thank you, it was umm nice to see you." I stumbled over my words.

"You don't need a ride to work?" He asked, his caramel colored eyes locking with mine. I swallowed a lump in my throat, guilt beginning to overwhelm me as Louis flashed through my mind.

Work was walking distance from my apartment, but I knew if I turned down his offer I would be late for the meeting.

"If it isn't a problem." I squeaked, and he smiled. "Of course not, I'll wait for you to do whatever."

I nodded, and turned on my heel sprinting up the stairs two at a time. After frantically trying to unlock the door I rushed inside throwing on the nicest outfit I could grab in such a limited time.

I didn't have time to put on a full face of makeup, so I settled for some under eye concealer and a swipe of mascara over each set of eyelashes.

I left my hair in the high ponytail not bothering to take it down and try to make it look presentable, and I slipped into a pair of flats since I assumed I would be running in circles.

I shot Cails a text telling her to log into my computer and try to take down the article I published last night. I was hoping that Harry hadn't read it yet, or even Louis for that matter.

I didn't bother to wait for her response or read her previous texts as I grabbed my notebook off of my desk. I slammed the door behind me as I left, making my way back to Zayn's car.

Once we were on the road again the deafening silence returned. I drummed my fingers against my leg, watching the clock.

I had ten minutes to spare, I must have gotten ready at record breaking speed.

"You haven't changed a bit." He spoke breaking the silence, and I furrowed my eyebrows. "You seem to have changed a lot." I bit back, and he chuckled.

"I meant your mannerisms Livvy. You're still stressing over everything." He gripped the steering wheel tighter.

I bit the inside of my cheek so hard I felt like I was going to draw blood.

It's just how I am Zayn, you know that. I thought, and I saw him shrug out of the corner of my eye. "Don't feel bad Livvy, that's just how you tick."

I felt like he was teasing me to an extent. I don't remember him ever being so observant of me, especially my "mannerisms."

"Yeah, I guess so." I didn't really know what to say, the entire setting was extremely uncomfortable, and not to mention the worst coincidence I had ever dealt with.

Unlike my burning desire to ask Louis about Holly when we first got together I had absolutely zero desire to ask Zayn about the woman he left me for.