Chapter 19

Olivia

Two months had passed since the alumni get together, and Louis was somehow still putting up with me. It was starting to get chilly in the city, as it usually does around October.

Louis and I celebrated two months of being official last week in the only way we know how. We ate takeout from Helen's Diner, watched a movie in my apartment, and he spent the night.

Work was hectic because Autumn and Winter months were always busier. People would stay inside their homes more often and tended to read the magazine. Whether it be via tablet, computer, or print.

I was writing two to four columns a week, and Lola was starting to gain a little bit of a reputation, not only around the office but on the internet.

By Harry's request, and my own personal change of heart, I had toned down the hateful anti romantic writing, and replaced it instead with more typical relationship column things.

For example, How to rock a first date, Ten ways to make a man obsessed, and my personal favorite Just because you love him doesn't mean he's the one.

Okay maybe that one was still a bit on the anti love side, but it's good advice.

Harry was in and out of the office frequently, since Rosalyn was due to give birth any given week, and he was helping with the hospital preparation.

Therefore I was conducting meetings, and hiring interns, and also firing people, being the substitute boss was fun.

Niall had started taking online business classes at the university, so his bartending was at a maximum high, and he only worked in the coffee shop one to two days a week.

Caileigh had not only proved herself to be the best receptionist in the building, but she was gaining respect as one of my favorite people on the planet.

She gave me a good smack in the head when I didn't want it, and a pep talk when I needed it, I was grateful.

Things were going well, and I was content for the most part, I pushed all negative thoughts about Holly, Zayn, and getting hurt to the back of my mind, and things were overall looking up.

"Olivia, are you listening to me?" I jumped startled at the accusation. "Yes, of course." I lied, meeting Louis' unamused eyes.

"We have to talk about it." He scolded, and I sagged my shoulders in defeat.

"I really don't want to right now Louis, I'm conducting meeting at two and—"Olivia I want you to meet the rest of my family."

This had been our main argument the past few days ever since he brought it up at dinner.

"Why are you so adamant about not doing this? My mom thought you were great, and my step dad and siblings are dying to meet you."

He pouted dramatically, and I rubbed my temples. "Because, I don't do well with first impressions." I said honestly, then motioned between the two of us "Obviously."

He chuckled, "You have a point, but Olivia they'll love you."

I gave him a soft smile. There was that dreadful word. Love.

That is one word that I have never understood how people could use it so carelessly.

Such a small four letter word, with a million different meanings, with all the power in the world.

"Olivia, you're doing it again." I shook my head. "What?" He sighed, removing himself from the corner of my desk.

"Overthinking." I looked down at my hands not saying anything. "You can tell me when things bother you, I'm your boyfriend, you should be able to talk to me."