Chapter 12

Olivia

"So I'm guessing you had a good time last night?" Niall teased me. I groaned sitting at my usual table.

"Shut it." I barked, and he just smiled like the little ball of sunshine he is. "Oh Liv, he isn't that bad."

I sighed, "I know and that is the entire problem." I admired glancing discreetly over my shoulders. I just knew he would walk in while I was talking about him.

"He's got the afternoon off, no need to worry." Niall reassured and I let out a sigh of relief.

We didn't stay on the subject of Louis, well Tommo to Niall. Instead I skillfully diverted the conversation to Cails.

"So what are you two doing?" I asked giving him a smug look this time. His cheeks tinted pink, it was extremely noticeable against his pale skin.

"We're just testing the waters you know." he fiddled with his fingers and I rolled my eyes. "You treat her right or I'll dedicate a special article just for you." I threatened.

He gulped, but slowly gave me a small smile. "I think I'm going to make it official soon." He admitted, and I suddenly felt a twinge of jealousy.

No not because of Caileigh and Niall, they both were great, and great together. I was just crossing my fingers hoping that they didn't abandon me for each other.

"Don't worry, you can't get rid of us." Niall spoke up, and I was incredibly surprised that he seemed to read my mind.

"Has she met your mom?" I asked genuinely curious. I felt like I had dumped so many of my issues on Caileigh I hadn't bothered to ask about her life.

Wow I was a crappy friend.

"No, but I'm not worried about her meeting my mom, she loves everyone." he flashed me yet another Niall smile. He was always smiling.

I asked Niall about his mother, he said she was doing better but not best. We danced around the subject of her health, and ended up talking about him and Caileigh again.

"So how do you plan to 'make it official'," I put air quotes around the phrase. He rang his hands together. "I'm not sure yet, figured I would take her to a nice dinner, maybe the cabin."

I rolled my eyes at his cliché ideas, but I secretly knew that no matter how he did it, Caileigh would be overjoyed. I would too, just less obvious about it.

I had a meeting with Harry at one, and so that's where I found myself after Niall and I had a nice lunch.

"So how's the wife?" I asked propping my feet up on his desk. "She's moody and eating everything." He grumbled pushing my feet off roughly.

"Be professional Olivia." I rolled my eyes, and crossed one leg over the other instead. "I called you in for a meeting not to talk about my wife." he was suddenly serious.

I felt a lump forming in my throat, I didn't know what to expect. "You're not in trouble, before you go into a full on panic attack." He clarified and I felt better immediately.

"However I do need you to sign this." He smirked as he coaxed a form into my hands.

"Consensual Romance in the Workplace Agreement"

"Why on earth would I need to sign this?" I muttered under my breath. "Shouldn't you be giving this to Niall, or Caileigh?"

He was still smirking at me. Oh and I was the one who needed to be professional?