Chapter 14

Olivia

"We're just seeing where it goes." I admitted awkwardly, as I signed my name at the bottom of the form.

It had been three weeks since my first date with Louis, three weeks isn't that long of a time once you start to thinking about it.

"Right, and my wife isn't the size of a house and making me sleep on the couch." Harry countered.

"She's pregnant be a bit more considerate." I bravely defended his wife. He gave me a small smile.

"Get back to work." he griped and I obliged.

I left Harry's office, pulling my messy hair into a ponytail.

I was so lost in my own thoughts. The last couple weeks with Louis, the article I had to finish today, why my ponytail was giving me a headache already, I didn't notice until too late when collided with some poor soul.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized. The awkward looking male looked absolutely terrified. "It-It was my fault." He stuttered, and I offered him a sympathetic smile.

"Here let me help." I bent down grabbing his papers that were strewn about. "I wasn't watching where I was going." I took the blame.

He was young, probably an intern, he couldn't have been any older than seventeen. "Intern?" I asked, eyeing his name tag that read 'stewart.' He nodded vigorously.

"That's really awesome, what department are you working with?" I made small talk, it was always good to have connections in the building, hence my friendship with Harry.

He tugged at his collar, it was then I noticed the familiar blue. "Tech department." I said before he could get a word out.

He nodded again, relieved he didn't have to speak. "Listen, tell your department head, that I need to speak with him." I gave him a fake stern look.

He looked terrified and I actually felt bad for the kid. "W-what's your name miss?" He grabbed a pen from his pocket clicking it nervously, and holding it over his hand.

"He'll know." I whispered, and I felt a slight smile forming at the corners of my mouth.

"B-but I'll have to tell him—"He's an easygoing guy Stewart," I used his name, and his eyes widened. "He'll know who you're talking about if you say 'some lady.'"

I winked and went on my way.

***

"Untitled" (Draft)

"As a child everything was a lot prettier. People were nicer, colors were brighter, and being loved felt genuine and easy.

Then you grow up..."

"So what is it like?" Caileigh began her attempt to make me talk.

I gave her a small smile abandoning the article I would probably never publish. "What is what like?" I teased and she groaned.

"You know." She gave me a look that said I couldn't hide anything from her, which was totally not true.

"He's nice." I was vague, I knew it would drive her up the wall. "Oh my God Olivia, I swear I will throw your computer out the window." I laughed at her insanity.

"Cails I'm kidding, I really like him, it's going great." I was being honest.

"Yeah, your articles have shifted a little, now instead of awful and man hating, they're more empowering, with only a tiny bit of hopelessness. It's a nice change."