Chapter 29

Olivia

"Hand me that wall print." I told Cails and she rushed over to me like her life depended on it.

"Could you like calm down" I patronized and she huffed. "I'm sorry, I just got excited when you said you were going to redecorate your office." She gave me an embarrassed smile.

"Well, it's been boring and dull long enough, and the holiday season has me feeling festive" I said as I gave the room a once over.

It was amazing what a few pieces of wall art can do, and some nice pastel office accessories.

"Here's the best piece of them all." She beamed as she handed me the first official published copy of my article, signed Olivia Rhea.

Only Cails had added a special touch to it, framing it and giving it an official vibe.

I smiled at it, almost tearing up if I'm honest. "Caileigh I love it." I hugged her and she squeezed me tight. "Figured it would be the perfect finishing touch."

"Olivia, darling, where do you want these flowers?" My mother sounded out of breath as she made her way into my office, a large arrangement in her arms.

"Over there on that table." I directed pointing Carol towards the window.

"Any news on you know who?" Caileigh whispered as if she said Louis' name he would appear out of thin air.

I gave her a small sad smile. "After that night at my apartment things are better, but they're still weird." I admitted thinking about that night again.

After Zayn left Louis and I stood awkwardly, I was still holding his hand, and he hadn't pulled away.

We hadn't spoken, and the silence was almost deafening. "I'm glad you came." I said silently, and he gave me a ghost of a smile.

"I couldn't let him talk to you that way." Louis mumbled, and I felt him loosening his grip on my hand.

I sighed when he removed it, suddenly aware of our current situation. "Well, I guess I'd better get going."

This was the definition of awkward. "Okay." I said, and wanted to kick myself for it. You called him to tell him you love him and you're going to let him walk away.

"Alright." He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. He was backing away from me, towards my front door.

I threw all caution into the wind, and I took two power steps toward him, surprising him when I threw my arms his neck and kissing him.

He hesitantly rested his hands on my waist, and we stayed there for awhile, not really in any hurry to stop.

But like all good things that came to an end, and he quickly made his exit, leaving me alone, and still very confused.

Cails scoffed, and snapped me out of my thoughts, making me frown at the memory.

Carol was minding her own business tending to the flower arrangement, probably not paying any attention to our gossip.

Then Caileigh started talking about Niall and how they were going to be having an early Christmas dinner at the cabin and she wanted me to join.

"Yeah sure, it sounds like fun, mom what are we doing for Christmas?" I asked and Carol gave me a small smile. "Well, actually, I have plans, you go enjoy time with your friends."

I raised an eyebrow at her, but she just waved it away. She would tell me later.

"Speaking of, I have to go." My mother glanced at her phone then walked over giving me a quick hug. "Bye, see you later?" I asked and she just waved her hand.